New! Here’s our take on a Virginia classic filled with local jumbo peanuts from our friends at Belmont Peanuts just south of us. It’s updated with chocolate cake crumbs, a little bit of coconut, and a hint of honey. Ted Lee, bon vivant and co-author with his brother Matt of “The Lee Brothers Southern Cookbook” says our Virginia Peanut Pie is “extraordinary and we’ve devoured two slices each day since it arrived. We like it with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream on alternating forkfuls. The pie is a marvel with peanutty goodness on top—a very luxurious mouthful and very rich. The chocolate cake crumbs are ingenious, providing body and tempering the sweetness of the syrup.
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
Each Pie is 9" and serves 8 people
Peanuts, eggs, unsalted butter, brown sugar, sorghum, Falling Bark Farm’s hickory syrup, corn syrup, flaked coconut, chocolate cake (flour, cocoa, eggs, sugar, butter, baking powder, vegetable oil), AR’s hot honey, orange zest, pure vanilla extract, cider vinegar, salt. Crust: Unbleached flour, butter, vegetable shortening, eggs, orange zest. Contains milk, wheat, eggs, soy, peanuts, coconut.
Instructions / Storage
- Pies are made fresh and arrive ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place at room temperature, in the refrigerator or freezer
- Pies can be stored at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months
- Heat in a preheated 325 oven for approximately 10 minutes until warmed through
- Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each week. Please add in an extra day for arrival due to unforeseen delays.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
Please anticipate a slight delay due to increased shipping during the Covid pandemic and the holidays. We strongly encourage ordering early, choosing an early shipping date, and allowing a little extra time for arrival. If you need your cakes on a Friday or the weekend, for example, select a Wednesday arrival. Due to expected and unprecedented levels of UPS and FedEx shipping demand through the holidays, as well as unpredictable weather, we cannot be responsible for packages not arriving on a scheduled date. We appreciate your understanding.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.