My dad loved this pie and, after many queries, we now make this year ’round. It’s full of apples, raisins, golden raisins, an easy hand on the spices and a little suet, finished with brandy and topped with smoked bourbon sugar from our pals at Bourbon Barrel Foods in Kentucky. We bake our pies in a metal pan; it’s a great gift and serves 8.
“The Red Truck Bakery is on a mission to resurrect the much-maligned mincemeat pie. Mission accomplished!” —Esquire magazine
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- Each Pie is 9" serves 6-8 people
Instructions / Storage
- Pies are made fresh and arrive ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place at room temperature, in the refrigerator or freezer
- Pies can be stored at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months
- To serve, heat in a preheated 350 oven for approximately 15 minutes until warmed through
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each week. Please add in an extra day for arrival due to unforeseen delays.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
Please anticipate a slight delay due to increased shipping during the Covid pandemic and the holidays. We strongly encourage ordering early, choosing an early shipping date, and allowing a little extra time for arrival. If you need your cakes on a Friday or the weekend, for example, select a Wednesday arrival. Due to expected and unprecedented levels of UPS and FedEx shipping demand through the holidays, as well as unpredictable weather, we cannot be responsible for packages not arriving on a scheduled date. We appreciate your understanding.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.