New! This version is made with Apple Brandy! Red Truck Bakery owner Brian Noyes wrote about resurrecting a long-lost caramel pecan cake recipe in a recent issue of Garden & Gun magazine. The bakery is unable to ship layer cakes and created a 9-inch Bundt-style version of that cake. It’s the same recipe, slathered with even more homemade caramel, and it ships beautifully in a gift tin to any destination in the United States. And this version contains Apple Brandy from Catoctin Creek Distilling Company, just up the road from the bakery in Purcellville, Virginia. Could this be the best item they make? We’d say so.
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- Each Cake Serves 8-12 people
- Cake is approximately 9" in diameter
This version of our caramel cake contains nuts (pecans) and alcohol (apple brandy).
Instructions / Storage
- All products from Red Truck Bakery are baked the day they are shipped.
- Each product will stay fresh for several days after delivery when kept at room temperature.
- Store at room temp for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Don’t keep it in the fridge; refrigeration tends to dry out cakes.
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.