Homemade Pork Buns - 18 Pack
RedFarm’s pork buns are absolutely legendary! A delicate yeast-risen white bao bun is stuffed with sweet barbecue roast pork.
RedFarm opened in NYC’s West Village in 2011 by Hong Kong dim sum master Chef Joe Ng and Chinese food expert Ed Schoenfeld, serving modern and inventive Chinese food with a greenmarket sensibility. Since then, RedFarm has become renowned as one of the city’s finest and most stylish Chinese restaurants. In 2014, RedFarm opened Decoy in the space below RedFarm on Hudson St., which is now world renowned for its signature Peking duck feasts. Or as New York Magazine has described it, “The Absolute Best Peking Duck in New York.”
This package serves 3-4 people and includes
- 18 Pork Buns
- Scallions (2 oz.)
- 6 Steamer Papers
- Pork buns weigh approx (2 oz.)
- Pork Buns measures approx 2.25″ × 2.25″
Filling: Bbq roast pork kosher salt, Pink Curing Salt (sodium nitrite) Sugar, Brown sugar, Maple Syrup
Bun: Flour, yeast, sugar, salt, vegetable oil
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with dry ice
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit, the product may thaw
- DO NOT Remove Dry Ice with Bare Hands
- This package should be stored in a freezer, for up to 30 days
- Allow a pot to boil
- Place Frozen Pork Buns on the provided steamer paper
- Steam for 10 minutes
- Place steamed pork buns in a hot pan with tongs and fry on one side until it develops a golden brown color—about 5 minutes—adjusting the heat as necessary. (lowering the heat if pan is smoking or if pork buns are burning; or raising the heat if pork buns are not developing color.)
- Transfer contents of pan to a warmed plate
- Garnish with scallions
- RedFarm ships Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Note: This shipment is packed with Dry Ice
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.