Established in 1899 by a young James Croxton, Rappahannock River Oysters + Clams has gone from serving local dinner tables to supplying some of the world’s finest restaurants with the freshest oysters. This package includes 75 of their most varieties for you to enjoy.
- Each package includes 75 of Rappahannock River Oyster’s choicest varieties
25 Rappahannock River Oysters™
- Origin: Topping, Virginia
- Salt Range: 13-18 ppt.
- Taste Description: Deep cupped and mineral rich, with an understated saltiness that lets the oyster’s natural flavor come though, RRO’s Rappahannocks offer up a sweet, buttery, full-bodied taste with a refreshingly clean, crisp finish. It’s the very same oyster they started growing in 1899.
25 Stingray Oysters™
- Origin: Ware Neck, Virginia
- Salt Range: 16-20 ppt.
- Taste Description: Drawn from the Bay’s median salt range, Stingrays are the quintessential Chesapeake Bay oyster: sweet and mildly briny with a clean, crisp finish. Named after the Bay oyster’s chief predator, these Stingrays bite back!
Olde Salt Oysters™
- Origin: Chincoteague, Virginia
- Salt Range: 28-33 ppt.
- Taste Description: The truest taste of the ocean, RRO’s Olde Salt oyster brings together a bold sea-side brininess with a smooth, clean follow-through. Grown off the coast of Chincoteague Island (think Misty), the Olde Salt oyster is more than a classic, it’s a legend.
Instructions / Storage
- Seafood ships fresh with ice packs
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or longer
- Do Not Freeze
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- All oysters are shipped live, in the shell, via next-day delivery in insulated Polar Pack containers maintained below 50 degrees.
- Oysters ship Tuesday & Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.