Torigara Ramen Kit for 2
Nakamura’s signature ramen is his light, restorative chicken-based torigara, which is based on a recipe that’s more than a century old. It’s deeply satisfying, and comes with plenty of noodles, chashu pork, spinach, menma (bamboo shoot), and naruto (fish cake)!
Chef Shigetoshi “Jack” Nakamura is what you might call a ramen savant. He opened Nakamura-Ya in his native Japan at the ripe old age of 22, and it proved to be so popular that he was hailed as a “Ramen God.” After decamping to America, he partnered with Sun Noodle (the makers of some of the best ramen noodles on earth) for a residency at their NYC “Ramen Lab,” where his creations were also met with heaps of acclaim, and in 2016 he opened Nakamura on New York’s Lower East Side.
Additional recommended toppings (not included): scallions, boiled egg, nori
This kit serves 2 people and includes:
- 1 Torigara Ramen Kit for 2
- Ramen Kit arrives in beautiful branded packaging
Torigara Ramen Kit Includes:
- 2 Pouches Chashu Toppings (each 3 oz.)
- 2 Pouches Spinach and Menma Topping (each 3 oz.)
- 2 Pouches Naruto Topping (each 0.5 oz.)
- 2 Pouches Frozen Broth (each 17 oz.)
- 2 Pouches Noodles (each 9 oz.)
Torigara Ramen – Chicken, Schmalz, Soy Sauce, Sake, Mirin, Ginger, Kombu, Salt, Cane Sugar
Noodles, Wheat Flour, Water, Palm Starch, Salt, Kansui (Sodium And Potassium Carbonate), Pork Chashu (Salt, Cane Sugar), Spinach, Menma (Bamboo Shoots, Miso, Kombu), Naruto (Fish Cake), Sour Sauce (Soy Sauce, Yuzu Vinegar)
Instructions / Storage
- Torigara ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove Torigara from packaging and place in the fridge or freezer.
- Torigara can be kept in the fridge up to 1 week, or frozen up to 1 month
- Boil a large pot of water
- Add frozen packet of soup and all toppings to boiling water, warming the soup pouch for about 7 minutes, the toppings for about 2 minutes
- Carefully remove the pouch from the boiling water, cut open the soup pouch and pour into your serving bowl.
- Place the noodle in boiling water and cook for 1 minute, depending on your desired firmness of noodle
- Strain and remove excess water by the strainer
- Add noodles to the soup and top with toppings and sour sauce
- Enjoy hot!
- Nakamura ships on Mondays each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via express will incur an additional $20 for 2-day and $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.