Lamb Shanks - 3 Pack( 4.8)
Pure Bred Lamb by Chef Thomas Keller & Keith Martin ships its famous lamb shank nationwide on Goldbelly! Pure Bred Lamb will make for an extraordinary meal! The hallmark of the Pure Bred brand is lamb of the highest quality. You’ll notice a compact structure, a high degree of tenderness, and a “blushy” nature to the meat, which contrasts beautifully with the brilliant white, crystalline fat marbled throughout, whose luxurious texture melts in the mouth. The shank is uniquely balanced in youth and size. It is large enough to provide a significant portion of meat, but at the same time provide a light texture. In many ways, the shank is the most gratifying cut to cook. It rewards effort and patience, taking on flavors and textures throughout the slow cooking process. The first is the classic braise, which enhances the contribution of the marrow and dissolves into a rich sauce. The other compelling way to cook a lamb shank is a little more challenging, but can be very well done by slow roasting it over a bed of aromatic vegetables and herbs, imparting a more concentrated, caramelized flavor. The fore shank has both large bones rich in marrow and thin bones that impart a pure flavor to the surrounding meat.
Chef Thomas Keller and shepherd Keith Martin developed Pure Bred Lamb on the principles of respectful and humane treatment of the animals. Pure Bred lambs are raised respectfully throughout their lives, experiencing very little stress and moderate but consistent activity. This method results in lamb that is tender, pure in flavor, and consistent in texture. Pure Bred Lamb lives up to its name not just from the breed (a traditional cross between a Dorset ewe and a Suffolk ram) but because they use the “Safe Alternative® method,” developed by Keller and Martin, to ensure sustainably raised lamb straight from the farm in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. No hormones or antibiotics are used in the feed, nor are animals or feed exposed to pesticides.
Each package includes 3 Lamb Shanks
- Each lamb shank weighs approximately 1.5 lbs
- Because there is no frozen inventory of Pure Bred lamb, we require a 6-day lead time for processing this fresh product before it can be shipped overnight to you
100% Pure Bred Lamb
No hormones or antibiotics are used in the feed, nor are animals or feed exposed to pesticides
Instructions / Storage
- Product ships fresh with chilled gel packs in an insulated container that preserves the quality of the meat and the exceptional texture of a product that has never been frozen.
- Refrigerate or freeze until time of use.
- Keeps refrigerated up to 5 days, or frozen up to 3 months, unopened.
- If you freeze lamb, thaw in refrigerator overnight before cooking.
About Pure Bred Lamb
- Free of hormones or antibiotics
- Elysian Fields Farm integrates a regional system of growers who provide a feed rich in minerals from locally grown feed
- Elysian Fields Farm patented the Safe Alternative® protocol, noted for respect and humane treatment
- Pure Bred Lamb currently ships Monday through Thursday.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.