Frenched Rack of Lamb
Pure Bred Lamb will make for an extraordinary meal! The hallmark of the Pure Bred brand is lamb of the highest quality. You’ll notice a compact structure, a high degree of tenderness and a “blushy” nature to the meat, which contrasts beautifully with the brilliant white, crystalline fat marbled throughout, whose luxurious texture melts in the mouth.
Meat is tender, pure in flavor, and consistent in texture; the red, marrowed bone infuses delicate flavor throughout the meat during cooking. This classic rack of lamb has universal appeal and provides a memorable impact for any special occasion.
- Each package includes two half racks, making one full rack
- Rack includes 8-9 ribs per side, weighs a minimum of 3 lbs., and serves approximately 6 people
- Racks arrive raw, and “frenched” for your convenience.
- Because there is no frozen inventory of Pure Bred lamb, we require a 6-day lead time for processing this fresh product before it can be shipped overnight to you.
100% Pure Bred Lamb
No hormones or antibiotics are used in the feed, nor are animals or feed exposed to pesticides
Instructions / Storage
- Product ships fresh with chilled gel packs in an insulated container that preserves the quality of the meat and the exceptional texture of a product that has never been frozen.
- Refrigerate or freeze until time of use.
- Keeps refrigerated up to 5 days, or frozen up to 3 months, unopened.
- If you freeze lamb, thaw in refrigerator overnight before cooking.
In addition to an impressive table presentation, the structure of the rack makes it one of the easiest cuts to cook successfully. The cap, a light, silky layer of fat, on one side and the row of bones on the other both flavor the tender rib eye and protect it from overcooking. The rack can also be cut along the rib into individual chops and sautéed for an elegant appetizer.
About Pure Bred Lamb
- Free of hormones or antibiotics
- Elysian Fields Farm integrates a regional system of growers who provide a feed rich in minerals from locally grown feed
- Elysian Fields Farm patented the Safe Alternative® protocol, noted for respect and humane treatment
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pure Bred Lamb currently ships Monday through Thursday.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.