Bone-In Leg of Lamb
Pure Bred Lamb by Chef Thomas Keller & Keith Martin ships its famous leg of lamb nationwide on Goldbelly! Pure Bred Lamb will make for an extraordinary feast! The hallmark of the Pure Bred brand is lamb of the highest quality. You’ll notice a compact structure, a high degree of tenderness, and a “blushy” nature to the meat, which contrasts beautifully with the brilliant white, crystalline fat marbled throughout, whose luxurious texture melts in the mouth. Meat is tender, pure in flavor, and consistent in texture; the red, marrowed bone infuses delicate flavor throughout the meat during cooking. This bone-in portion of Pure Bred Lamb stands up well to seasoning and provides an array of flavors and textures to satisfy all tastes.
Chef Thomas Keller and shepherd Keith Martin developed Pure Bred Lamb on the principles of respectful and humane treatment of the animals. Pure Bred lambs are raised respectfully throughout their lives, experiencing very little stress and moderate but consistent activity. This method results in lamb that is tender, pure in flavor, and consistent in texture. Pure Bred Lamb lives up to its name not just from the breed (a traditional cross between a Dorset ewe and a Suffolk ram) but because they use the “Safe Alternative® method,” developed by Keller and Martin, to ensure sustainably raised lamb straight from the farm in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. No hormones or antibiotics are used in the feed, nor are animals or feed exposed to pesticides.
- The exact weight varies, but the minimum is 9 lbs.
- Because there is no frozen inventory of Pure Bred lamb, we require a 6-day lead time for processing this fresh product before it can be shipped overnight to you.
100% Pure Bred Lamb
No hormones or antibiotics are used in the feed, nor are animals or feed exposed to pesticides
testimonial fodder: Pure Bred has created a model for raising lamb founded on a respect for nature and the nature of the lamb itself.
Instructions / Storage
- Product ships fresh with chilled gel packs in an insulated container that preserves the quality of the meat and the exceptional texture of a product that has never been frozen.
- Refrigerate or freeze until time of use.
- Keeps refrigerated up to 5 days, or frozen up to 3 months, unopened.
- If you freeze lamb, thaw in refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Slow-roasting on the bone provides an impressive table presentation and unparalleled richness of flavor.
About Pure Bred Lamb
- Free of hormones or antibiotics
- Elysian Fields Farm integrates a regional system of growers who provide a feed rich in minerals from locally grown feed
- Elysian Fields Farm patented the Safe Alternative® protocol, noted for respect and humane treatment
- Pure Bred Lamb currently ships Monday through Thursday.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.