Named after Chris’s dad (“Sonny Boy” was his nickname growing up), this pizza is a favorite and one Pizzeria Bianco is proud to serve. We’ll let Chris describe this pie in an excerpt from his book “Pizza, Pasta, and Other Food I Like”: "This pizza was born of two contradictory impulses. On the one hand, I wanted to do a pizza that I felt like someone from the old neighborhood would dig, something they would recognize. On the other hand, I wanted to somehow preempt people’s tendency to order automatically, like “give me a cheese pepperoni!” and I could say to customers, “Well, we don’t have that but you might like this.” I sought out a really good quality soppressata, which has a similar fattiness and spice profile to pepperoni. I love the coarse texture of it, all that good porkiness and salinity, which is so beautiful married with the acidity of the tomato sauce. I don’t usually use a lot of olives, but I like them here, both because they echo the canned black olives that might share space with old-school pepperoni pies and because the combination of olives and salami reminds me of a classic antipasti plate. And for me, The Sonny Boy is kind of like an antipasto. It’s my favorite of the pizzas to share and to have a slice or two."
You can also add dessert with a one of a kind chocolate collaboration with Noi Cacao, Chef Rene Andrade and Pizzeria Bianco. These unique vegan and gluten free chocolate bars feature Arizona pecans and dates, dark chocolate (54.5%), Chiltepin Peppers from Mexico and sea salt. While sweet, these bars have a mild spicy kick to them.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes 4 Sonny Boy Wood Fired Pizzas (12" each)
- Choose to add a bottle of Olive Oil to your order (16.9 oz.)
- Choose to add Pizzeria Bianco T-Shirt
- Choose between Blue and White Cotton/Rayon
Organic flour, Bianco DiNapoli tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, soppressata, Gaeta olives.
Instructions / Storage
- Pizzas ship frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Please Note: Pizzas may not be completely frozen when you unpack, this is ok
- When you receive your pizzas, remove frozen pizzas from box/liner and either: put in freezer (for up to 2 months), refrigerate (for up to 48 hours), or set out to thaw and follow cooking instructions.
- Straight from freezer or thawed (thawed cook time will be quicker)
- Place pizza stone or baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven
- Pre-heat your oven to the highest setting (500)
- Place pizza on the stone, steel, or sheet
- Cook for 3-7 minutes based on your oven’s temperature
- Once pizzas are hot and crispy, remove and enjoy!
- Pizzeria Bianco ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.