Named after Chris’s dad (“Sonny Boy” was his nickname growing up), this pizza is a favorite and one Pizzeria Bianco is proud to serve. We’ll let Chris describe this pie in an excerpt from his book “Pizza, Pasta, and Other Food I Like”: "This pizza was born of two contradictory impulses. On the one hand, I wanted to do a pizza that I felt like someone from the old neighborhood would dig, something they would recognize. On the other hand, I wanted to somehow preempt people’s tendency to order automatically, like “give me a cheese pepperoni!” and I could say to customers, “Well, we don’t have that but you might like this.” I sought out a really good quality soppressata, which has a similar fattiness and spice profile to pepperoni. I love the coarse texture of it, all that good porkiness and salinity, which is so beautiful married with the acidity of the tomato sauce. I don’t usually use a lot of olives, but I like them here, both because they echo the canned black olives that might share space with old-school pepperoni pies and because the combination of olives and salami reminds me of a classic antipasti plate. And for me, The Sonny Boy is kind of like an antipasto. It’s my favorite of the pizzas to share and to have a slice or two."
You can also add dessert with a one of a kind chocolate collaboration with Noi Cacao, Chef Rene Andrade and Pizzeria Bianco. These unique vegan and gluten free chocolate bars feature Arizona pecans and dates, dark chocolate (54.5%), Chiltepin Peppers from Mexico and sea salt. While sweet, these bars have a mild spicy kick to them.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes 4 Sonny Boy Wood Fired Pizzas (12" each)
- Choose to add Chocolate Bars to your order
- A collaboration with Noi Cacao, Chef Rene Andrade and Pizzeria Bianco, this unique bar features Arizona pecans and dates, dark chocolate (54.5%), Chiltepin Peppers from Mexico and sea salt. This item is vegan & gluten free.
- This chocolate bar has a mild spicy kick to it!
Organic flour, Bianco DiNapoli tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, soppressata, Gaeta olives.
Instructions / Storage
- Pizzas ship frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Please Note: Pizzas may not be completely frozen when you unpack, this is ok
- When you receive your pizzas, remove frozen pizzas from box/liner and either: put in freezer (for up to 2 months), refrigerate (for up to 48 hours), or set out to thaw and follow cooking instructions.
- Straight from freezer or thawed (thawed cook time will be quicker)
- Place pizza stone or baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven
- Pre-heat your oven to the highest setting (500)
- Place pizza on the stone, steel, or sheet
- Cook for 3-7 minutes based on your oven’s temperature
- Once pizzas are hot and crispy, remove and enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pizzeria Bianco ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.