We can’t fault you if you’re not familiar with piroshky, but this beloved Russian treat definitely deserves a spot in your culinary canon. Piroshkies (pi-rawsh-kees) are filled Russian hand pies, and at Seattle’s Piroshky Piroshky, which has been going strong in Pike Place Market since 1992, they’re made from scratch and stuffed with an absolutely massive variety of fillings.
Seriously, you can live off of these things. Looking for breakfast? How about one filled with bacon, eggs, cheese and hash browns? Lunch? Ham, cheese and spinach sounds good. For dinner, go for beef and onion, or Veggie Chipotle if you’re meat-free. Fresh, handmade breads round out the offerings for an anytime treat. And as for dessert? Where to begin…
This package includes everything you need to make 4 Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages:
- 5 Dough Balls (3.5 oz. each)
- 1 lb. Jalapeno Sausages (4 pieces)
- Dough Balls – Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Margarine, Sugar
- Sausage -Pork, Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto Color), Salt, Jalapeño, Spices, Sodium Nitrates
- CONTAINS: MILK
Instructions / Storage
- Baked goods ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Arrive ready to assemble
- Best made within 1 day of receiving kit
- Once baked, finished sausages can be stored in the fridge up to 2 days, or in a ziplock bag in the freezer up to 3 months
Uli’s Jalapeño Cheddar Sausage Kit
To Make Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages:
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Roll dough out until desired thickness into an oval shape, large enough to wrap sausages
- 3. Cut 5-6 slits in the dough in a diagonal direction on each side
- 4. Braid the dough on top of each other in a crisscross motion
- 5. Optional: beat an egg and brush it over the top of the sausages
- 6. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the desired color is reached. Baking times may vary.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Piroshky Piroshky ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.