Pine State’s flagship butter-topped buttermilk biscuits are big, buttery and flaky, and are absolutely worthy of the heaps of praise they’re received. As all great biscuits should be, they’re made with just a handful of honest, simple ingredients — flour, butter, buttermilk, cream and leavening — and while they’re perfect on their own or with a smear of butter, homemade mushroom and sausage gravy are the icing on the cake.
Pine State Biscuits’ founders grew up eating buttery biscuits in North Carolina, and after relocating to Portland they longed for biscuits as good as the ones back home. After plenty of tasty trial and error, they debuted their biscuits at the Portland Farmers Market in 2006. Crowds lined up in droves, and continue to line up at their multiple Portland brick-and-mortar restaurants to this day.
This package serves 6-12 people and includes:
- 3 Packs of Biscuits (3.75" each)
- 32 oz. of Gravy, your choice
- 1 oz. Minced Chives
- 1 oz. Paprika
- Each pack contains 4 biscuits
Gravy Options Include
- 4 Containers Mushroom Gravy (each 16 oz.)
- 4 Containers Sausage Gravy (each 16 oz.)
- 2 Containers Both (each 16 oz.)
Biscuits – Flour, Butter, Buttermilk, Cream, Leavening.
Sausage Gravy – Pork, Onion, Flour, Cream, Milk, Spices
Mushroom Gravy – Shiitake Mushrooms, Cream, Milk, Flour, Onion, Spices.
Instructions / Storage
- Biscuits ship with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place all items in the refrigerator or freezer
- Product can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 2 weeks
- Biscuits require reheating
Prepare the Gravy
- Microwave – Place gravy in a microwavable container, cover and heat for 2-3 minutes and stir well to smooth.
- Stovetop – Pour gravy into a small saucepan with 2 Tablespoons of water, heat on the stovetop on medium heat, stir from the bottom until slightly bubbly, taking care not to scorch.
Build the Sandwich:
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Place biscuits in the oven, and heat for 5 minutes
- 3. Pour gravy over the biscuits
- 4. You’ve done it! Enjoy and repeat often
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pine State Biscuits ship Monday & Tuesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.