Pine State’s flagship butter-topped buttermilk biscuits are big, buttery and flaky, and are absolutely worthy of the heaps of praise they’re received. As all great biscuits should be, they’re made with just a handful of honest, simple ingredients — flour, butter, buttermilk, cream, and leavening — and while they’re perfect on their own or with a smear of butter, homemade mushroom and sausage gravy are the icings on the cake.
Pine State Biscuits began as a quest to recreate the perfect, buttery, flaky, homemade biscuits that founders Kevin Atchley, Walt Alexander, and Brian Snyder enjoyed during their days growing up in North Carolina. Pine State Biscuits has succeeded in bringing the Southeast to Portland, first at the Portland Farmers Market in 2006 and then to brick-and-mortar storefronts. Locals line up for Pine State’s flaky Southern-style buttery biscuits, mouthwatering sausage gravy, and tender buttermilk breaded chicken.
This package serves 6-12 people and includes:
- 3 Packs of Biscuits (3.75" each)
- 32 oz. of Gravy, your choice
- 1 oz. Minced Chives
- 1 oz. Paprika
- Each pack contains 4 biscuits
Gravy Options Include
- 4 Containers Mushroom Gravy (each 16 oz.)
- 4 Containers Sausage Gravy (each 16 oz.)
- 2 Containers Both (each 16 oz.)
Biscuits – Flour, Butter, Buttermilk, Cream, Leavening.
Sausage Gravy – Pork, Onion, Flour, Cream, Milk, Spices
Mushroom Gravy – Shiitake Mushrooms, Cream, Milk, Flour, Onion, Spices.
Instructions / Storage
- Biscuits ship with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place all items in the refrigerator or freezer
- Product can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 2 weeks
- Biscuits require reheating
Prepare the Gravy
- Microwave – Place gravy in a microwavable container, cover and heat for 2-3 minutes and stir well to smooth.
- Stovetop – Pour gravy into a small saucepan with 2 Tablespoons of water, heat on the stovetop on medium heat, stir from the bottom until slightly bubbly, taking care not to scorch.
Build the Sandwich:
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Place biscuits in the oven, and heat for 5 minutes
- 3. Pour gravy over the biscuits
- 4. You’ve done it! Enjoy and repeat often
- Pine State Biscuits ship Monday & Tuesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.