Pike Place Chowder, named the “Most Iconic Restaurant in Seattle and Washington State” now offers sumptuous DIY Sourdough Bread Bowl Chowder Kits! Choose one 1 quart pack of our best-selling creamy and dreamy New England Clam Chowder or award-winning Seafood Bisque, ready to heat-and-scoop into freshly baked sourdough bread bowls.
Pike Place Chowder is THE place for chowder in Seattle, and they’ve served up more than three million bowls of the stuff since founder Larry Mellum first opened its doors inside the famed Pike Place Market in 2003. Larry and his team use only the freshest seafood and highest-quality ingredients in their legendary chowders, and their New England clam chowder was named Yelp’s most popular dish in America for 2018, based on 155 million reviews.
This package serves up to 2 people and includes:
- 1 Qt. of Chowder, your choice
- 2 Sourdough Bread Bowls (uncut)
- 2 Packs of Serving Utensils (spoon, fork, knife, salt, pepper, napkin)
- Oyster Crackers not included
Chowder Options Include:
- New England Clam – Meaty clams in a creamy broth flavored with potato, onion, celery, bacon, thyme, and white pepper
- Seafood Bisque – Salmon, cod Oregon bay shrimp, tomato, creamy broth garnish with fresh basil.
- Bread Bowl – Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Sourdough Starter (unbleached enriched wheat flour, water), Water, Salt, Dough Conditioner (wheat flour, ascorbic acid, enzymes).
- New England – Clams, Potato, Onion, Celery, Half & Half, Unsalted Butter, Flour, Bacon, Clam Soup Base, Clam Juice, Thyme, White Pepper
- Seafood Bisque – Salmon, Cod, Oregon Bay Shrimp, Diced Tomatoes in Juice, Half & Half, Lobster Soup Base, Fish Soup Base, Unsalted Butter, Flour, Basil, Granulated Garlic, Black Pepper Water
Made in a facility that uses Wheat, Soy, Eggs, Dairy, Tree Nuts, and Peanuts
Instructions / Storage
- Bread Bowls ship fresh & Chowder ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place in the freezer, may be kept frozen for up to 1 year
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a bread knife, cut off the top of the bread bowl (Approximately 1-2 inches from the top). Then, carve out a cylinder from the bottom bowl, approximately 4-5 inches diameter. Do not discard bread as you will use it for dipping.
- On a stovetop, warm the chowder in a medium-large pot. We recommend using a double boiler and heating gently for approximately 20 minutes. If you don’t have a double boiler, use a regular soup pot and stir constantly to avoid scalding and burns. Do not boil.
- (Optional) Place bread bowl on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes at 350 F.
- Pour chowder into the warmed bread bowl. Serve and enjoy immediately!
- Pike Place Chowder ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.