If you’re looking to explore the flavors of Southeast Asia, there’s no better place to start than with a signed copy of Chef Leah Cohen’s first cookbook, “Lemongrass and Lime!” This starter kit includes quintessential ingredients that will help you get a start on cooking recipes from the book: fish sauce, palm sugar, Thai chili flakes, lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, limes, tamarind paste, red Thai chiles, and green Thai chiles!
Growing up, chef Leah Cohen’s Filipino mother introduced her to the eclectic and flavorful cuisine of Southeast Asia during annual expeditions to the region, and Pig & Khao is her ode to this culinary heritage. Opened in 2012 on New York’s Lower East Side, Pig & Khao is a warm, inviting, and casual hotspot that’s earned raves for Cohen’s ability to incorporate classical Western cooking techniques with authentic Southeast Asian flavors. Cohen famously competed on season 5 of “Top Chef” in 2008.
This package includes:
- 1 signed copy of the “Lemongrass and Lime” Cookbook
- Essential ingredients found within its pages.
Essential Ingredients Include:
- Fish sauce (14 oz)
- Palm Sugar (16 oz)
- Thai Chili Flakes (1 oz)
- Kaffir Lime Leaves (1 oz)
- Lemongrass (16 oz)
- Galangal (16 oz)
- 4 Whole Limes
- Tamarind Paste (16 oz)
- Red Thai Chili (2.5 oz)
- Green Thai Chili (2.5 oz)
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove items from packaging. The following ingredients should be placed in the refrigerator:
- Lime Leaves
- Tamarind Paste
- All items that have been placed in the refrigerator may be kept there for 7-10 days.
- If you prefer, the Lime Leaves, Lemongrass, Chili, and Galangal may be kept frozen for up to 2 weeks
- The Fish Sauce, Palm Sugar, and Thai Chili Flakes are shelf-stable
- Happy Cooking!
- Pig and Khao ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.