Signature Egg Rolls + Bologna Sandwich Kit for 2-4
Piece of Meat’s boudin egg rolls are a playful twist on a Southern classic: smooth spicy boudin filled with melty pepper Jack cheese, all wrapped up in a crunchy casing. Food & Wine called it the kind of food that makes you “lean back in a delirious haze of bliss and shame.” And as for their housemade bologna? It’s the star attraction in the sandwich that put Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurant of 2017, NOLA’s Turkey & The Wolf, on the map. Here, it’s tucked into a bun with provolone cheese, fried onions, mayo, and BBQ sauce!
Piece of Meat was founded by Daniel Jackson and Leighann Smith in New Orleans in 2018, and it quickly racked up heaps of acclaim as one of The Big Easy’s most exciting new butcher shops and restaurants. Jackson and Smith, who were named Eater New Orleans’ Chefs of the Year in 2018, work closely with local Southern farmers and purveyors to source top-quality, sustainably and humanely-raised meat. Piece of Meat was called “a hands-in-the-air-like-you-just-don’t-care mosh pit of flavor and fun” by Food & Wine when the mag named it one of the top 10 Best New Restaurants of 2019. It’s a remarkable, unabashedly delicious taste of New Orleans.
This package serves 2-4 people and includes:
- 4 Boudin Egg rolls (each 4 oz.)
- 2 portions of Bologna (each 4.5 oz)
- 2 Rolls
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- Fried Onions (1/2 pt.)
- Mayo (3 oz.)
- Sriacha Mayo (3 oz.)
- BBQ Sauce (3 oz.)
- Boudin – Pork, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, White Pepper, Jalapeno, Poblano, Onion, Celery, Water, Garlic, Butter, Green Onion, Rice, Natural Hog Casing.
- Eggroll – Pepper Jack Cheese, Boudin, Wonton, Egg Wash, Fried in Soy Oil. Dipping’ * *Sauce Sauce – Siracha and Dukes Mayo, Salt, Pepper. Bologna: Pork, Molasses, Water, Salt, Pepper, Mace, Ginger, Mustard Powder, Coriander, Brown Sugar, Dextrose. Sweet Onion
- Bbq – Onion, Soy Sauce, Pepper, Hot Sauce, Salt, Bay, Stock.
- Bread – Comes From a Facility That May Contain Nuts. Fried Onion: Onion, Cornstarch, Flour, Salt, Pepper
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival remove from the package, and refrigerate
- Boudin Eggrolls may be kept refrigerated for 4-5 days
- All other items may be kept refrigerated 7-10 days
- If frozen upon arrival pack can stay frozen a few weeks
- Cut the bread Hamburger style, set aside
- In a pan on medium heat, add a little oil, fry your bologna
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until desired crust forms, looking for good caramel color
- Flip and add your BBQ sauce and cheese, you want a nice amount of sauce drizzled on the bologna, you are using the cheese to trap the sauce on to the bologna, turn off the heat and cover with a lid if needed to finish melting the cheese.
- Chop iceberg (not included)
- Toast your bread, lather with Dukes
- Place the lettuce on the mayo
- Bologna on top of the lettuce
- Pile fried onions on top
- Lather top bun with Dukes
- Place top bun on the pile, cut in half if you’d like otherwise start eating!!
Boudin Egg Rolls: Oven
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Place egg rolls on a baking tray, put in the oven for 7-10 minutes let cool a bit, dip and enjoy!
Boudin Egg Rolls: Frier
- Fry at 325* until heated through
- Piece of Meat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.