Picos’ chile con queso has been bringing in families for more than 36 years! This creamy medium-sharp cheddar and chile-filled blend is great with chips, on top of a rolled enchilada or taco, or as a dipping sauce for tamales!
Chef Arnaldo Richards was raised in Monterey, Mexico, where he began his career cooking at his family’s restaurants. A third-generation chef, he started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13, and many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most renowned Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 1 lb. of Chile con Queso
- 24 Tortillas, your choice
- Each Corn Tortilla measures 6"
- Each Flour Tortilla measures 8"
- Traditional Chile Con Queso – Cheddar Cheese, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Anaheim Peppers, Cumin, White Pepper
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Queso ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Arrives in a cryovac Sous Vide bag that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow queso to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in its Sous Vide bag
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place queso, still the sealed bag, in the water
- Boil until heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.