The Original French Dip Sandwich - 6 Pack
The delicious piece of history we know as the French Dip got its start in Los Angeles nearly 100 years ago, when Philippe owner Philippe Mathieu accidentally dropped the top of a roll into the juice filled roasting pan of a beef sandwich he was preparing. The patron, a policeman, said he’d take the sandwich anyway sparking a trend that has become a menu go-to the world over. Now, for the first time, you can get the original french dip sandwich directly from their iconic birthplace in downtown Los Angeles.
The French Dip Party Pack includes six of Philippe’s trademark french dip sandwiches, 1.5 pounds of homemade potato salad, a container of pickles, and a bottle of their legendary spicy mustard.
The Original French Dip Party Pack includes everything you need to make 6 French Dip Sandwiches:
- 6 French Rolls
- 1.5 lbs of Sliced Roast Beef
- 1 Container of Au Jus (8 oz.)
- 1.5 lbs of homemade Potato Salad
- 6 Kosher Pickle Spears
- 6 Pickled Beet Eggs
- 1 (9 oz) bottle of Phillipe’s famous spicy mustard (very hot, but very good!)
Instructions / Storage
- Philippe’s Sandwich kit arrives ready to assemble
- Upon arrival, place the package contents in the refrigerator
- To serve, follow the instructions below
Heating & Assembling Your Sandwich
- Heat oven to 375F and toast rolls for approximately 3-minutes until lightly crisp
- Open the lid to the au jus, but keep container covered. Place the container on a plate and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes or until hot. Au jus can also be heated on a stovetop
- Pour the au jus into the provided aluminum dipping pan. Add the sliced roast beef and allow the au jus to warm the beef
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally, all the way through
- Dip the rolls into the au jus, cut side down, and hold to let the bread absorb the liquid
- Layer about 4 oz. of sliced beef on the bottom roll, top with cheese and finish with the top roll
- Cut in half and serve with Philippe’s Hot Mustard. Enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Orders ship Wednesdays each week.
- Philippe The Original French Dip regularly ships Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.