Philippe The Original French Dip ships its famous French Dip nationwide on Goldbelly! The French Dip Party Pack includes six of Philippe’s trademark French Dip sandwiches, 1.5 pounds of homemade potato salad, a container of pickles, and a bottle of their legendary spicy mustard.
The delicious piece of history we know as the French Dip got its start in Los Angeles in 1918, when Philippe The Original founder Philippe Mathieu, a French immigrant, allegedly accidentally dropped the top of a roll into the juice-filled roasting pan of a beef sandwich he was preparing. The patron, a policeman, said he’d take the sandwich anyway, thus creating one of the world’s most legendary sandwiches. Opened in 1908, Philippe’s, pronounced “Filleep’s,” has changed locations in Los Angeles a few times, but it has not changed its French dip sandwich recipe. There’s sawdust on the floor of the LA restaurant to help absorb spills from these sandwiches, which are sold by the thousands daily.
The Original French Dip Party Pack includes everything you need to make 6 French Dip Sandwiches:
- 6 French Rolls
- 1.5 lbs of Sliced Roast Beef
- 1 Container of Au Jus (8 oz.)
- 1.5 lbs of homemade Potato Salad
- 6 Kosher Pickle Spears
- 6 Pickled Beet Eggs
- 1 (9 oz) bottle of Phillipe’s famous spicy mustard (very hot, but very good!)
French Roll – Water, Flour, Salt, Yeast
Beef – Prime Beef, Water, Garlic, Onion, Carrot, Celery, Spices
Pickled Eggs – Egg, Beet, Vinegar
Mustard – Mustard Flour, Vinegar, Garlic, Spices, Xantham Gum
Potato Salad – Potato, Celery, Onion, Mayo, Relish, Spices
Instructions / Storage
- Philippe’s Sandwich kit arrives ready to assemble
- Upon arrival, place the package contents in the refrigerator, consume within 3 days
- To serve, follow the instructions below
Assembling Your Sandwich
- Heat oven to 375F and toast rolls for approximately 3-minutes until lightly crisp
- Open the lid to the au jus, but keep container covered. Place the container on a plate and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes or until hot. Au jus can also be heated on a stovetop
- Pour the au jus into the provided aluminum dipping pan. Add the sliced roast beef and allow the au jus to warm the beef
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally, all the way through
- Dip the rolls into the au jus, cut side down, and hold to let the bread absorb the liquid
- Layer about 4 oz. of sliced beef on the bottom roll, top with cheese and finish with the top roll
- Cut in half and serve with Philippe’s Hot Mustard. Enjoy!
- Orders ship Wednesdays each week.
- Philippe The Original French Dip regularly ships Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.