Ocean Mist Farms ships its legendary artichokes nationwide on Goldbelly! These jumbo field-fresh artichokes are for the true artichoke aficionado! Steamed, stuffed, or grilled are some of the best ways to prepare and share this traditional Mediterranean vegetable, grown with love in California.
Ocean Mist Farms can trace its roots back to 1924, when immigrants Daniel Pieri and his cousins Amerigo and Angelo Del Chiaros realized that the cool coastal climate of Castroville, California, was similar to the ideal artichoke-growing climate back in their native Italy. They set up shop in a tin-roofed shed, leased land and partnered with a local vegetable grower, and today Ocean Mist Farms is the largest artichoke grower in the United States. Castroville is known as “The Artichoke Capital of the World” and hosts an annual artichoke festival! Whether jumbo-sized, medium, or baby, these artichokes are fresh, fun to eat and undeniably delicious.
This package serves 6-12 people and contains 6 field-fresh Jumbo Artichokes
Artichokes require cooking
Instructions / Storage
- Artichokes arrive with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from packaging and refrigerate immediately
- Artichokes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- Rinse entire artichoke
- Cut a dime width size from the stem
- Rub cut side and petals with lemon
- Place in steamer basket over pot of water
- Bring to boil and Steam for 30 – 40 minutes until fork pierces center of stem easily
- Ocean Mist Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.