Baby artichokes are prized for their tender leaves and heart, and they’re nearly 100 percent edible. Harvested from the bottom of the artichoke plant, these are fully mature artichokes that do not have a thistle or choke inside. To prepare, simply trim the outer leaves and either roast or sauté whole or in halves. Serve as-is, or chop and toss with olive oil and pasta!
Ocean Mist Farms can trace its roots back to 1924, when immigrants Daniel Pieri and his cousins Amerigo and Angelo Del Chiaros realized that the cool coastal climate of Castroville, California, was similar to the ideal artichoke-growing climate back in their native Italy. They set up shop in a tin-roofed shed, leased land and partnered with a local vegetable grower, and today Ocean Mist Farms is the largest artichoke grower in the United States. Castroville is known as “The Artichoke Capital of the World” and hosts an annual artichoke festival! Whether jumbo-sized, medium, or baby, these artichokes are fresh, fun to eat and undeniably delicious.
Wooden crate not included
This package serves 6-12 people and includes 2 packs of Fresh Baby Artichokes (2 lbs. each)
Artichokes require cooking
Instructions / Storage
Artichokes arrive with ice packs, may thaw in transit
Upon arrival, remove from packaging and refrigerate immediately
Artichokes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- Rinse artichokes in a colander.
- Trim outer leaves with pairing knive and trim stem about 1/4".
- Place trimmed artichokes in bowl of ice water with cut lemons to slow browning of cut sides.
- Drain water, toss with olive and seasonings. Place on roasting pan.
- Roast in 450* oven 8-10 minutes, until just crisp. Dip in your favorite sauce and pop in your mouth.
- Ocean Mist Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.