Nom Wah Tea Parlor ships its famous dim sum nationwide on Goldbelly! The siu mai at Nom Wah are a can’t miss! These particular ones are filled with sweet shrimp and encased in a delicate wrapper. The head chef at Nom Wah has been making these for nearly 40 years!
Established in 1920, Nom Wah Tea Parlor is the first and oldest dim sum restaurant in New York. Originally a tea parlor and bakery founded by the Choy family in 1920, Nom Wah was initially known for its mooncakes; dim sum was a secondary priority. Dim sum, which translates to “a little bit of heart” referring to its bite-size portions, originated on the Silk Road a millennium ago. The popular Chinatown restaurant was sold in 1950 to Wally Tang, who started as a dishwasher at the Chinese restaurant, and was then passed on to Wally’s nephew Wilson in 2010. Skip the lines of diners waitng for dim sum and order Nom Wah’s legendary dim sum straight to your door.
This package serves 3-4 people and includes 19 Shrimp Siu Mai
- Choose to add more siu mai!
- Shrimp Siu Mai – Shrimp, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Sugar, Sesame Oil, White Pepper
Made in a facility that processes shellfish and pork
Instructions / Storage
- Nom Wah’s siu mai ship frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, freeze immediately
- Dumplings may be kept frozen for up to 3 months
- Line a steamer with perforated parchment paper liners
- On high heat, bring the steamer water to a rolling boil
- Place frozen siu mai in the steamer leaving at least ½ inch of space between each dumpling
- Cover and steam until fully cooked through (10 minutes)
- Look for the siu mai skin to become slightly translucent, and for a visible well of liquid to form at the bottom of the siu mai
- Serve immediately
- Nom Wah ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.