The Po-boy is New Orleans’ most famous sandwich and is a staple among locals and visitors alike! The Napoleon House version features alligator aausage, served hot on crusty Leidenhimer French bread and “fully dressed” with Tabasco Pepper Jelly, Creole mustard, crisp lettuce, and ripe tomatoes.
Few places capture the essence of New Orleans like the Napoleon House, a 200-year-old landmark that’s as casual and unique as its French Quarter surroundings. The deeply patinated walls, uneven tile floors, and old wooden bar hollowed by countless Pimm’s Cups speak to its many decades of service and hospitality. Owned and operated since 1914 by the Impastato family, and Ralph Brennan since 2015, Napoleon House’s traditions and tastes are revered and preserved by veteran chef Chris Montero, whose Creole roots reach back about as far as Napoleon House itself.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make 4 Grilled Alligator Sausage Po-Boys
- Each Po-Boys serves 1-2 people
- When Assembled each Po-Boys measures approx. 4″ × 7″
- 4 Leidenhimer French Breach Loaves (Each 7")
- Alligator Sausage (20 oz.)
- Tabasco Pepper Jelly (6.4 oz.)
- Creole Mustard (10.4 oz.)
- Iceberg Lettuce (0.2 oz.)
- Tomatoes, Sliced (2 oz.)
Leidenhimer French Breach, Alligator Sausage (alligator, pork, water, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder) , Tabasco Pepper Jelly, Creole Mustard, Lettuce and Tomato
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival remove all ingredients from packaging and place in the refrigerator
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week
- Split each sausage link down the center.
- In a 12-inch sauté pan, place sausage cut side down over medium-high heat until sausage is browned.
- Add ¼ cup of water to pan, turn down to a simmer and place cover over pan.
- Simmer until sausage is heated through-out (approximately 10 minutes).
Assemble Po Boy
- Split French bread then spread pepper jelly on one half and creole mustard on the other
- Place sausage on bottom half top with lettuce and two tomato slices
- Napoleon House ships Thursday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.