This recipe has been a part of Montilio’s for over 70 years, since our bakery first opened in the Boston area. This classic cake is still one of our top sellers, and it starts with sponge cake that’s soaked in our secret rum syrup, then filled with layers of Italian chocolate and vanilla custard and frosted with real whipped cream. It’s garnished with a sprinkle of shaved white and dark chocolate and cherries on top.
This package serves 8 people and includes a 7" Legendary Italian Rum Cake
Water, Heavy Cream, Chocolate Chips, Wheat, Rum Extract (with Alcohol), Sugar, Eggs, Cake Flour, Flour, Milk, Chocolate Liquor, Vanilla Extract, Baking Powder, Stabilizer
Contains Egg, Milk, Wheat
Made in a facility that uses nuts
Instructions / Storage
- This cake ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Delicately remove the cake from styrofoam packaging and carefully remove the plastic wrap and cardboard shield surrounding the cake, but leave the plastic shield surrounding the cake
- If serving immediately, place it on your counter to thaw out, otherwise store it in your fridge
- This cake will last at room temperature for 3 hours
- This cake will last up to 5 days in the fridge
- This cake will last up to 3 months in the freezer
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Montilio’s Baking Company ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.