Jerry and Bania’s famous argument on “Seinfeld” over whether soup is a meal happened right here at Mendy’s. One taste of Mendy’s delicious soups will put you squarely in Bania’s camp. Mendy’s meal-worthy soul-soothing soups include Split Pea with croutons, hearty Chicken Gumbo, and of course their famous old fashioned Chicken Matzoh Ball Soup.
As seen on Seinfeld, Mendy’s is a GLATT KOSHER Delicatessen – under OU Kosher supervision.
Mendy’s Soup Combo includes 3 quarts of soup and serves 6 people. Choose from:
- Chicken Matzoh Ball – Chicken Soup with pieces of chicken, carrots, noodles and Matzoh ball
- Split Pea – hearty split pea soup with carrots (includes 1 pint of croutons)
- Chicken Gumbo – rich and creamy chicken gumbo soup with chicken, rice and mixed vegetables
- Package includes ½ loaf of fresh Rye Bread
Instructions / Storage
- Mendy’s freezes soups before shipping
- Soups may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place soups in the refrigerator, and keep rye bread at room temperature
- Enjoy within 4 days, or freeze soups and rye bread for up to one month
- If frozen, allow soups to defrost overnight in the refrigerator
- Heat soups over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until hot throughout
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Mendy’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.