McLoons now ships its lobster nationwide on Goldbelly! This 1 lb. lobster is McLoons’ youngest and smallest lobster available. Also known as “chicken lobsters” or “chicks,” this lobster size is perfect for kids or adults with small appetites. It is also the ideal size for twin lobster dinners.
McLoon’s is a family-owned lobster shack located on a working lobster wharf in South Thomaston on Maine’s off-the-beaten-path Spruce Head Island. McLoon’s was named the best lobster roll in all of Maine! This sweet, fresh, and meaty lobster is plucked fresh from local waters, and it’s served in a signature half-and-half lobster roll (half butter, half mayo). It’s as authentic Maine as it gets!
- Choose between a New Shell or Hard Shell Lobster (New Shell is seasonal)
- Choose between Live or Cooked
- Add local Casco Bay Artisan Sea Salt Butter
- Includes bibs, picks, wet napkins, and lobster cooking and cracking instructions!
- Due to lobster sizing regulations in certain states, this cannot be shipped to New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
- The Difference between New Shell and Hard Shell:
Hard shells are lobsters that have reached their growing capacity. They are typically packed to the brim with meat that is firm and dense in texture.
New shells have a softer shell and hold extra water weight. The meat is typically more tender and sweeter in flavor, but you may want to try to order a slightly larger soft shell lobster!
Instructions / Storage
- Lobsters are caught on the day and packed in custom McLoons boxes with gel ice that will keep your seafood cold and fresh
- Cooked lobsters are meant to be prepared and served the day received, however they can stay in the refrigerator overnight
- Shelf life of lobster meat is up to a week if stored properly, kept in the fridge in a container of ice.
- McLoons Lobster Shack ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- For guaranteed delivery to Hawaii, order cooked lobsters. Live lobster orders may be denied entry into Hawaii.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.