Whoopie pies originated in Lancaster County and are one of Pennsylvania Dutch Country’s best known and most loved comfort foods for locals and visitors alike. They were created by Lancaster’s Amish and Pennsylvania German communities and have been handed down for years in home kitchens and small bakeries, from generation to generation. It’s believed that whoopie pies were first made from leftover cake batter, and Amish legend has it that, when children and even farmers would find the delicious treat in their lunch pail, they’d yell out “Whoopie!,” hence the name. Whoopie pies are actually more like a sandwich, made of two cake-like cookies with a cream center. The cookies are typically chocolate and the cream vanilla, but many flavor variations for both the cookies and the cream have appeared in recent years.
Choose 12 of your favorite whoopie pie flavors. Each Whoopie pie is approximately 3 1/2 inches diameter and 1 3/4 inches high.
- Red Velvet
Instructions / Storage
Serve at room temperature . Each whoopie pie can last up to 14 days refrigerated or up to 9 months in the freezer in a freezer bag.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- McClures Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.