A Maialino (and Italian) classic, this dense sponge cake soaked with generous amounts of olive oil and balanced with bright citrus notes from fresh oranges and orange liqueur. Perfect in the morning, with afternoon tea, at dessert – this versatile fan favorite is a delight at any time of the day.
Maialino is a Roman-style trattoria inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Eternal City. This restaurant captures the warmth and comfort of a true neighborhood trattoria, reimagined for the concrete jungle. Its thoughtful Italian cuisine blends the rich cultures of both New York City and Rome. Sourced from its local family of farmers and suppliers, Maialino integrates quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu for a true Farm-to-Table experience
This package serves 6-8 people and includes 1 Olive Oil Cake
- Each cake measures 9"
Olive Oil, Milk, Orange Liqueur, Eggs, Orange Juice, Orange Zest, AP Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- Olive Oil Cake ships frozen with ice packs which may thaw in transit
- Before serving, thaw to room temperature
- Olive Oil Cake may be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week
- Slice to order!
- We recommend serving alongside whipped cream or mascarpone
- Maialino ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.