Around the turn of the last century in America, Southern kitchens moved away from the usual pumpkin pies and were filled instead with the aromas of local sweet potatoes (similar to heartier yams, native to West Africa) baked into pies—comforting aromas currently floating about our own kitchen in the heart of New York City’s Theater District.
What started out as a side business for Broadway actor Arnold Wilkerson in 1985 has since become a bona fide smash hit. This small pie shop first opened in NYC’s Theater District, but his baked goods were soon recognized as among the best in New York City.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes a 10" Sweet Potato Pie
Crust – Unbleached All-purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, Salt, Eggs, Water, Leaf Lard, Sweet Butter.
Filling – Sweet Potatoes, Sugar, Vanilla, Butter, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Heavy Cream, Sweet Condensed Milk, Flour, Salt, Nutmeg, Old Spice, Mace, Cloves, Ginger, Cinnamon
Instructions / Storage
- Pie ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store pie in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Pies last up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Pies can be defrosted and served, or reheated if desired.
- Thaw pie at room temperature for 1-2 hours before heating.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow pie to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Little Pie Company ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.