Kent Island Crab Cakes brings you an Eastern Shore Maryland tradition – Smith Island 9 layer cake. Homemade icing is meticulously placed between incredibly thin layers of chocolate cake. Each cake is made for us by hand from a recipe handed down through generations of ladies from Smith Island, Maryland. Smith Island (population 350) is situated in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay just north of the Virginia line and is accessible only by boat. Serve this uniquely different multi-layer cake at your next party and watch the eyes light up, as the smiles appear.
- This cakes serves 14-16 people, choose your favorite flavor
Cake Options Available
- Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Yellow Cake with Chocolate & Peanut Butter Frosting
- Yellow Cake with Coconut Frosting
Sugar, Enriched Bleached Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Riboflavin and Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil, Eggs, Cocoa Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cornstarch, Salt. ICING: Butter (Cream, Milk), Vanilla, Sugar, Evaporated Milk.
May Contain Nuts
Instructions / Storage
- This cake ships frozen with dry ice, may thaw in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- To serve immediately allow cake to thaw at room temperature
- At room temperature or refrigerated, cake may be enjoyed up to 2 days after arrival
- Cake may also be placed in the freezer
- Frozen, cake may be enjoyed up to 1 year after arrival
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Kent Island Crab Cakes ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.