Keens Steakhouse ships its famous mutton chops nationwide on Goldbelly! Any discussion about Keens Steakhouse always includes Keens’ famous Mutton Chop. Their signature dish, the Mutton Chop has been served at Keens since its beginnings. Mutton is mature lamb and thus more flavorful than its younger counterpart. The mutton is cross-cut from the saddle so each chop has both loin and tenderloin on the bone. In addition, the belly flaps render to a bacon-like quality as the lamb cooks. The Mutton Chop package includes Keens’ freshly made mint jelly.
Founded by Albert Keen in 1885, Keens Steakhouse quickly became a hangout for actors in New York’s Herald Square Theater District as well as politicians, producers, newspaper men, and sports stars. The Theater District may have moved uptown since then, but Keens remains relatively unchanged, down to the historic prints and playbills lining the walls and regulars’ old churchwarden smoking pipes displayed on the ceiling. In addition to being one of New York’s most historic restaurants, Keens Steakhouse is also one of its very best steakhouses. Keens steaks are dry-aged and USDA Prime, the burgers are a blend of chuck and dry-aged beef and ground fresh daily, and the mutton chop — a whole saddle of mature lamb, with the loin, tenderloin and belly — has been the signature dish for more than 100 years. Keens Steakhouse has been featured on Food Network’s The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations, and, Delicious Destinations with Andrew Zimmern.
This package includes 2 Mutton Chops
- Each Mutton Chop weighs 26 oz.
- Includes 1 Jar of Mint Jelly
Choose to Add Bacon & Sides to your Order
- 4 Slices Bacon Keens thick-cut bacon is rich in flavor and mildly smoked, with a hint of sweetness.
- 12 – 24 oz. Creamed Spinach Cooked fresh spinach with cream cheese, heavy cream, salt & pepper and nutmeg.
- 12 – 24 oz. Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes Yukon Gold potatoes boiled with salt and pepper. Processed with milk and butter.
Choose to Add Merch to your Order
- Keens Cutting Board
- Keens Steak Sauce
- Keens Mint Jelly
- Keens T-Shirt
- Keens Shot Glass
Instructions / Storage
- Mutton ships fresh, never frozen, uncooked, and with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- When you receive your order you should immediately refrigerate or freeze all meat items
- Mutton may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or frozen for 2 months.
- If frozen, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight
- If frozen, let defrost in the refrigerator overnight
- Let the mutton chops come to room temperature
- Pat dry with paper towel and season both sides with kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a heavy bottom ovenproof sauté pan, add 2 oz cooking oil and when the oil is hot, brown the mutton on all sides
- Pour out any excess fat and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 130 degrees is reached
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving with mint jelly on the side
- Keens Steakhouse ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.