The Chateaubriand is cut from the beef tenderloin, also known as the filet mignon. It’s incredibly tender and full of marbling, and at 24 ounces, this roast is enough to easily feed 2-3 people.
This legendary New York steakhouse was founded by Albert Keen in 1885 and quickly became a hangout for actors in the surrounding Herald Square Theater District as well as politicians, producers, newspaper men, and sports stars. The Theater District may have moved uptown since then, but Keens remains relatively unchanged, down to the historic prints and playbills lining the walls and regulars’ old churchwarden smoking pipes displayed on the ceiling. On top of being one of New York’s most historic restaurants, Keens Steakhouse is also one of its very best steakhouses. The steaks are dry-aged and USDA Prime, the burgers are a blend of chuck and dry-aged beef and ground fresh daily, and the mutton chop — a whole saddle of mature lamb, with the loin, tenderloin and belly — has been the signature dish for more than 100 years. Keens Steakhouse has been featured on Food Network’s The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations, and, Delicious Destinations with Andrew Zimmern.
This package serves 2-3 people and includes a Chateaubriand Steak
- The Chateaubriand Steak weighs 24 oz.
Choose to Add Bacon & Sides to your Order
- 4 Slices Bacon Keens thick-cut bacon is rich in flavor and mildly smoked, with a hint of sweetness.
- 12 – 24 oz. Creamed Spinach Cooked fresh spinach with cream cheese, heavy cream, salt & pepper and nutmeg.
- 12 – 24 oz. Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes Yukon Gold potatoes boiled with salt and pepper. Processed with milk and butter.
Choose to Add Merch to your Order
- Keens Cutting Board
- Keens Steak Sauce
- Keens Mint Jelly
- Keens T-Shirt
- Keens Shot Glass
Instructions / Storage
- Steaks ship fresh, never frozen, uncooked, and with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- When you receive your order you should immediately refrigerate or freeze all meat items
- Steaks may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or frozen for 2 months.
- If frozen, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight
- If frozen, let the Chateaubriand defrost in the refrigerator overnight
- Let the Chateaubriand come to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Put the meat dry with a paper towel and season with kosher salt
- Heat a heavy bottom oven proof sauté pan, add 2 oz cooking oil
- When the oil is hot, brown the meat on all sides
- Transfer meat to a roasting pan with rack and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 120 degrees is reached
- Remove the meat from the roasting rack and let it rest for 10 minutes
- Slice the Chateaubriand and serve
- Keens Steakhouse ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.