There’s just nothing quite like a classic Reuben sandwich. From Junior’s kitchen to yours, prepare the Rueben ‘the Junior’s way’ by grilling the sauerkraut, giving it a little caramelization, and then assemble this real-deal Reuben, with housemade sliced corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing on rye. Don’t forget pickles and coleslaw on the side!
Founded by Harry Rosen in 1950 and legendary today, Junior’s is a Brooklyn landmark and one of New York’s best Jewish delis. Beloved by locals and tourists for decades, Junior’s cheesecakes became renowned worldwide after NY Magazine conducted a blind taste test and rated Junior’s as the best. Since then, Junior’s has been visited by everyone from former presidents to James Beard award-winning chefs.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make 4 sandwiches
- 8 Slices of Rye Bread
- 2 lbs. Corned Beef, Sliced
- 12 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 Pt. of Coleslaw
- 1 Pt. of Sauerkraut
- 1/2 Pt. of Russian Dressing
- 6 Pickles
Corned Beef – Beef, Spices, Salt
Sauerkraut – Cabbage, Vinegar, Salt
Rye Bread – Rye Flour, Water, Salt, Baking Powder
Russian Dressing – Mayo, Ketchup, Pickles, Onions
Coleslaw – Cabbage, Carrots, Mayo, Sugar, Vinegar, Pepper, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- Sandwich kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Meat may be kept refrigerated for 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month
- Bread may be kept at room temperature for 1 day or frozen for up to 1 month
- Coleslaw, pickles, cheese, and Russian dressing may be kept refrigerated for 5 days
- STOVE TOP: THE JUNIOR’S WAY
- Unwrap sliced meat from the wax paper
- Bring water to a boil in either a large pot with a steamer basket or a double boiler
- Place foil-wrapped sliced meat in the pot and steam for 5 minutes
- MICROWAVE: ALTERNATIVE METHOD
- Unwrap sliced meat from wax paper and foil
- Heat for 2 minutes
- Leave out at room temperature for 15 minutes or microwave for 10/15 seconds
- Heat and saute in a saucepan on medium-low until liquid evaporates and golden brown
- Use two pieces of rye bread for each sandwich and, while a nonstick or grill pan is preheating on medium-low heat, spread softened butter on one side of each slice
- Please each slice, buttered side down, in the pan
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each bread slice
- Heat until melty and golden brown
- Once the cheese is melted, remove bread from pan, layer one side with corned beef and grilled sauerkraut, and top with second bread slice
- Add Russian dressing as desired
- Cut in half and enjoy!
- Don’t forget your side of pickles and coleslaw!
- Junior’s Restaurant ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.