There’s just nothing quite like a classic Reuben sandwich. From Junior’s kitchen to yours, prepare the Rueben ‘the Junior’s way’ by grilling the sauerkraut, giving it a little caramelization, and then assemble this real-deal Reuben, with housemade sliced corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing on rye. Don’t forget pickles and coleslaw on the side!
Founded by Harry Rosen in 1950 and legendary today, Junior’s is a Brooklyn landmark and one of New York’s best Jewish delis. Beloved by locals and tourists for decades, Junior’s cheesecakes became renowned worldwide after NY Magazine conducted a blind taste test and rated Junior’s as the best. Since then, Junior’s has been visited by everyone from former presidents to James Beard award-winning chefs.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make 4 sandwiches
- 8 Slices of Rye Bread
- 2 lbs. Corned Beef, Sliced
- 12 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 Pt. of Coleslaw
- 1 Pt. of Sauerkraut
- 1/2 Pt. of Russian Dressing
- 6 Pickles
- Choose to add a box of Junior’s Mini Cheesecakes (12 cakes total): Our award-winning cheesecake is baked into the perfect bite for sharing or just self-indulgence.
- Each mini cheesecake weighs 1.5 oz and measures 1.5″ × 1.5″
- Flavors include 4 Plain, 4 Strawberry Swirl, and 4 Chocolate Swirl
Corned Beef – Beef, Spices, Salt
Sauerkraut – Cabbage, Vinegar, Salt
Rye Bread – Rye Flour, Water, Salt, Baking Powder
Russian Dressing – Mayo, Ketchup, Pickles, Onions
Coleslaw – Cabbage, Carrots, Mayo, Sugar, Vinegar, Pepper, Salt
Mini Plain Cheesecake: Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk & Cream, Salt, Carob, Bean Gum, Cheese Culture) Sugar, Heavy Cream, Eggs (Egg, Citric Acid) Pasteurized Cultured Skim Milk, Corn Starch, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Water, Milk Protein, Natural Flavor, Microbial Rennet. Allergens: Contains: Eggs, Milk. May Contain Wheat, Soy And Is Manufactured In A Facility That Processes Peanuts And Tree Nuts
Mini Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake: Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk & Cream, Salt, Carob, Bean Gum, Cheese Culture) Sugar, Heavy Cream, Eggs (Egg, Citric Acid) Strawberry Puree (Strawberries, Cane Sugar) Pasteurized Cultured Skim Milk, Corn Starch, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Corn Starch, Food Starch-modified, Strawberry Paste (Sugar Strawberries, Water, Vegetable Juice For Color, Fruit Juice For Color, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Pectin) Milk Protein, Natural Flavor, Microbial Rennet, Fd&c Red No. 40, Aluminum Lake. Allergens: Contains Eggs, Milk. May Contain Wheat, Soy And Is Manufactured In A Facility That Processes Peanuts And Tree Nut
Mini Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake: Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk & Cream, Salt, Carob, Bean Gum, Cheese Culture) Sugar, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk & Cream, Salt, Carob, Bean Gum, Cheese Culture) Sugar, Water, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Heavy Cream, Eggs (Citric Acid), Pasteurized Cultured Skim Milk, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Corn Starch, Natural Flavor, Milk Protein, Microbial Rennet. Allergens: Contains Eggs, Milk. May Contain Wheat, Soy And Is Manufactured In A Facility That Processes Peanuts And Tree Nuts.
Instructions / Storage
- Sandwich kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Meat may be kept refrigerated for 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month
- Bread may be kept at room temperature for 1 day or frozen for up to 1 month
- Coleslaw, pickles, cheese, and Russian dressing may be kept refrigerated for 5 days
- If you add cheesecakes, they can be refrigerated for up to 5 days (preferably in an airtight container) or frozen for up to 6 months.
- STOVE TOP: THE JUNIOR’S WAY
- Unwrap sliced meat from the wax paper
- Bring water to a boil in either a large pot with a steamer basket or a double boiler
- Place foil-wrapped sliced meat in the pot and steam for 5 minutes
- MICROWAVE: ALTERNATIVE METHOD
- Unwrap sliced meat from wax paper and foil
- Heat for 2 minutes
- Leave out at room temperature for 15 minutes or microwave for 10/15 seconds
- Heat and saute in a saucepan on medium-low until liquid evaporates and golden brown
- Use two pieces of rye bread for each sandwich and, while a nonstick or grill pan is preheating on medium-low heat, spread softened butter on one side of each slice
- Please each slice, buttered side down, in the pan
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each bread slice
- Heat until melty and golden brown
- Once the cheese is melted, remove bread from pan, layer one side with corned beef and grilled sauerkraut, and top with second bread slice
- Add Russian dressing as desired
- Cut in half and enjoy!
- Don’t forget your side of pickles and coleslaw!
- Defrost in the refrigerator overnight or leave on counter 3-4 hours before serving
- Once thawed, gently pop each cheesecake out by lightly pressing underneath ‘the cup’ that each cake sits in.
- Junior’s Restaurant ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.