Slaughterhouse Five - Brisket + Pork + Sausage + Turkey
Joe’s Kansas City BBQ has not only stood out on a local level, but on a national platform as well. Over the years, Joe’s has been named Top Roadside Eatery in the country by the Travel Channel and “Nation’s Best BBQ” by USA Today. Their original gas station location may appear nondescript, but one thing we know is that there is nothing ordinary about Joe’s BBQ.
Before they were award-winning restaurateurs, Joe’s KC’s owners, Jeff and Joy Stehney, were prize-winning competition barbecue cooks. Their competition barbecue team, named Slaughterhouse Five, has won some of America’s most prestigious barbecue contests including several Grand Champion honors at the American Royal BBQ Championships. This crowd-pleasing combo is a tribute to the team’s scores of championships and features five delicious smoked meats.
Each Slaughterhouse Five package serves 8-10 people and includes:
- 1 Whole pork shoulder (2 lbs.)
- 1 lb. of Sliced brisket
- 1 lb. of House-made sausage links
- 1.5 lbs. of Smokie Joe – chopped brisket and pork, in barbecue sauce
- 1 lb. of Smoked sliced turkey
- 2 bottles of Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B- Que Sauce (14.5 oz each)
This product is gluten and MSG free
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, frozen, vacuum-sealed and carefully packed with dry ice. It is normal for the dry ice to evaporate in shipping and cause the meat to partially thaw
- Upon arrival, reheat, refrigerate or freeze immediately immediately. The package can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 year
- To serve, place meats in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours. Follow instructions below to reheat. A complete reheat guide is also included in every shipment
Best Reheating Method for Brisket
Hot Water Method (Recommended for 2 pounds or less of sliced brisket)
- Place vacuum sealed package(s) in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours prior to reheating
- For 1 pound of brisket, place 3 quarts of water in a large sauce pan or stock pot. For 2 pounds, use 4 quarts of water
- Bring the water to a boil. Then, place the entire vacuum sealed package(s) of brisket in the pot and turn off the heat (Don’t worry; the plastic package(s) is specifically designed to withstand the heat) Remove the pot from the hot burner
- Let brisket sit in hot water for 10 minutes
- With tongs, remove vacuum sealed package(s) from the water and carefully remove brisket from package(s). The brisket is ready to serve
Best Reheating Methods for Pulled Pork
Remove vacuum sealed package(s) from freezer and place in refrigerator at least 48 hours prior to reheating
Crock Pot Method (Recommended)
- Leave the pork in the vacuum sealed package(s) and place it in your crock pot (Don’t worry; the plastic package(s) is specifically designed to withstand the heat). Fill the crock pot with water until the pork is almost covered. Leave enough pork exposed so a temperature can be taken by puncturing the bag without allowing water to spill into the bag
- Cooking at a Low setting (145°F) for 4 hours or High setting (175°F) for 3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F
- To serve, remove the fat from the top and discard. Next, using tongs or forks, break apart the pork and pull to desired sized pieces
- Remove the pork from the vacuum sealed package(s) and wrap with foil. (To prevent sticking, spray foil lightly with cooking spray.) Place the foil-wrapped pork on a rimmed sheet tray or in an ovenproof baking dish, then place in a 350F preheated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Next, remove the foil wrap and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes
- Rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. To serve, remove the fat from the top and discard. Then use tongs or forks to break apart the pork and pull it into pieces as desired
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que ships Monday to Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.