Unknown to most outsiders, this New Jersey classic features an all beef frank or Italian sausage slathered with mustard and topped with fried peppers, onions and chunks of potatoes all tucked into a crater sized cavity of a fluffy pizza bread loaf. Despite being named after the creator, Jimmy “Buff” Racioppi, whose nickname came from his card playing tactics, this Sicilian sausage sammie is no bluff.
This package includes everything you need for eight classic Jimmy Buff’s sandwiches:
- 2 large Italian pizza bread rolls (fluffy, Sicilian-style bread shaped like a large pita)
- 8 hot dogs/Italian sausage
- Sliced peppers and onions
- Chip-style potatoes
- 1 jar Jimmy Buff’s mustard
- 1 jar Jimmy Buff’s seasoned oil
Instructions / Storage
- Each package ships on ice packs
- Freeze or refrigerate hot dogs upon arrival
- Jimmy Buff’s Italian hot dog or sausage goes inside a quarter of a large Italian pizza bread roll.
- Mustard can be spread on the inside of the roll before adding the dog/sausage.
- The dog is traditionally cooked in oil and then topped with fried onions, peppers and chip-style potatoes.
- For a “Double,” use one half of a pizza roll and two hot dogs or Italian sausage along with the peppers, onions and potatoes.
- Italian hot dogs are also typically topped with ketchup.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Jimmy Buff’s ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.