Janie’s Cakes caned summer’s raspberries and are loading their cakes up with them all winter long! The Berry Jane is a vanilla pound cake made with farm-fresh Grade-A eggs, real creamery butter filled with raspberry curd, and topped with white chocolate shavings.
It all started with “Papu.” Janie’s Cakes founder Janie Clapp learned the art of baking from her great-grandmother, known to the family as “Papu,” who operated more on instinct than measuring. After attending the Culinary Institute of America in New York, Clapp decided to open a bakery in Tyler, Texas, in 1987 that was soon known all over town for its pound cake. Using real deal ingredients — farm-fresh eggs, creamery butter, pure cane sugar, and absolutely no preservatives — Janie’s Cakes is continuing to produce what many, including Oprah, believe to be the best pound cake in the country. Janie’s Cakes has been named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things (2016).
This package serves12-15 people and includes a Berry Janie’s Cake
- Each cake is 8" round x 3.75" high
- Every Janie’s Cake comes packaged in their signature yellow and white striped gift box with a blue ribbon.
Unbleached enriched flour (niacin, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid) sugar, butter, cage-free eggs, raspberry puree (seedless), lemon juice, sour cream, ivory shavings (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, whey powder, soya lecithin, ground vanilla beans), salt, soda, Madagascar vanilla CONTAINS: Egg, Milk, Wheat.
Instructions / Storage
Each Cake is shipped frozen but is best served at room temperature.
Upon receiving your box:
- Cakes can be stored at room temperature in a cellophane bag or air tight container and served within 3 days.
- Cakes can be refrigerated and served within 10 days. To serve, remove from fridge for about 3 hours, then serve at room temperature.
- Cakes can be frozen for up to 6 months. To serve, allow approximately 4 hours for the cake to thaw, then serve at room temperature.
- Janie’s Cakes ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.