Veggie Ramen Kit for 4
This soup was created as a pure representation of a classic shoyu ramen with one big difference: the broth is vegetarian! The idea was to create a pure, clean broth that is enhanced by shoyu tare and a special “vegetarian fat.” It’s served with roasted tomato, enoki mushrooms, and koji tofu. The specially formulated noodles are made with rye flour.
Ivan Orkin fell in love with Japanese cuisine while working as a dishwasher at a sushi bar at age 15. After culinary school and jobs in some of NYC’s top kitchens, he moved to Japan full-time, and at the suggestion of his wife, he opened a ramen shop. This move seemed destined for failure in a country where ramen enjoys a cult-like status. Incredibly, Ivan not only succeeded, but it became one of the top ramen shops in Tokyo. In 2012, he made a triumphant return to New York, and the following year he opened Ivan Ramen there to huge crowds and critical acclaim.
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 bowls of veggie ramen.
Veggie Ramen Kit Includes:
- Vegetable Broth (38 oz.)
- 4 Portions of Rye Noodles (each 3.9 oz.)
- Shoyu Tare (5 oz.)
- Vegetable Fat (3 oz.)
- 4 Slices Roasted Tomato (each 1.5")
- Scallions (2.5 oz.)
- Soy Reduction (2 oz.)
- 8 pcs. Tofu Koji (each 1")
- Mesclun (4 oz.)
- Enoki Mushrooms (7 oz.)
- Shoyu Tare – Onion, Apple, Garlic, Ginger, Canola Oil, Soy Sauce [soybeans, Wheat, Salt, Alcohol, Water], Sake, Mirin [glucose Syrup, Alcohol, Rice, Corn Syrup, Salt, Water]
- Veg Fat – Aonori, Kombu, Chipotle Powder, Oil Canola, Garlic
- Vegetable Soup – Onion, Cabbage, Carrot, Leek, Eggplant, Garlic, Shitake Dried, Canola Oil, Kosher Salt
- Rye Noodles – Wheat Flour [wheat Flour, Niacin, Redced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Water, Rye Flour, Contains 1% Or Less Of Wheat Gluten, Salt, Kansui (Sodium Carbonate, Potassium Carbonate, Sago Starch
- Roasted Tomato – Tomato, Garlic, Canola Oil, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, White Sugar,
- Soy Reduction – Soy Sauce[soybeans, Wheat, Salt, Alcohol, Water]
- Tofu Koji – Tofu [water, Soybeans, Calcium Sulfate], Koji Cultured Rice, Filtered Water, Sea Salt, Alcohol
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships partially frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place soup broth, fat, shoyu & shio tare, and rye noodles in the freezer for up to 2 weeks
- Refrigerating rye noodles is not recommended
- Soup broth, shoyu & shio tare and fats may be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Chashu may be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days
- Scallions may be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days
- Soft egg may be kept in the fridge for 1 day
- Set roasted tomatoes, koji tofu, enoki mushroom, and rye noodles aside on a plate to temper at room temperature for at least a half hour.
- Keep mesclun greens/watercress in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Bring 6 quarts of unsalted water in a large pot, make sure there is enough water to keep at a rolling boil once noodles are added.
- Heat the soup in another pot and bring it up to a boil. Note: Do not allow soup to boil continuously, as this will make the soup salty as it reduces.
- As soon as the soup comes up to a boil, remove from heat
immediately and add Soy Reduction, Shoyu Tare, and Vegetable Fat into the soup, whisk to combine and set aside.
- At this time, the water for noodles should be boiling.
- Cook the noodles in the unsalted boiling water for 50-60 seconds until al dente, always stir the noodles while cooking, drain thoroughly in a strainer.
- Place the noodles at the center of the bowls, divide them evenly.
- With a ladle, carefully divide the hot soup in the bowls evenly.
- Place the roasted tomatoes next to the noodles, working clockwise, followed by Koji Tofu, Enoki mushroom, mesclun greens/ watercress, and scallions.
- Enjoy and happy slurping!
- Ivan Ramen ships Monday through Friday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.