Braised Lamb Shank Kit for 4
Two of ilili’s most popular dishes: braised lamb and Brussels sprouts! The lamb is slowly braised with Levantine aromatics, and is served with traditional Lebanese dirty rice, Brussels sprouts, and a side of cucumber yogurt.
Since it first opened its doors in New York’s Flatiron neighborhood in 2007, the elegant and upscale ilili has introduced countless New Yorkers to authentic Lebanese cuisine, perfected by the Massoud family in Beirut over the course of more than 100 years and today prepared with care by Owner and Executive Chef Philippe Massoud. At ilili, Massoud expertly crafts a sophisticated blend of modern and traditional Lebanese cuisine, drawing influences from the span of the ancient Silk Road trade routes.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 pieces Lamb Shank (each 1.25 lbs.)
- 14 oz. Lamb Sauce
- 8 oz. Lamb Stock
- 9 oz. Mint Cucumber Yogurt
- 1 lb. Lebanese Dirty Rice
- 4 Zucchini
- 4 Turnips
- 4 Radishes
- 4 Carrots
- 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts
- 12 oz. Grapes
- 10 oz. Walnuts
- 5 oz. Fig Jam
- 9 oz. Mint Yogurt
- 4 oz. Harissa Sauce
- 8 pcs. Pita Bread
- 1 lb. Hummus
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival leave olive oil, sumac, and kosher salt containers at room temperature.
- Remaining contents should be kept refrigerated and last up to 3 days in the fridge
- Pita bread should always be kept in a sealed bag
Shank, Vegetables, Rice
- Toss your vegetables with some olive oil, season with salt, place them on a baking sheet, and roast at 500F for 15-25 minutes depending on what type of oven you have (vegetables should be fork-tender, but not mushy, showing some caramelization).
- While the vegetables are roasting, place your rice in a pot, your sauce in a pot, both on low heat, covered, and occasionally stir.
- Place your shanks in a pot and pour the stock and an equal amount of water on top and cover.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a slow simmer for about 7-9 minutes covered, turn off the heat, and reserve.
- In a large platter, place the rice in the center and spread, place the vegetables on the edges, and the shanks in the center of the plate.
- Pour some sauce over the shanks, and the remainder in a vessel for your guests to add more if they would like.
- Serve the mint yogurt and cucumber as a side to be added to your rice while eating.
- Preheat oven to 375F, and reheat for 4-5 minutes.
- Drizzle the fig jam and yogurt sauce (to your liking) in a zigzag form and add the provided walnuts and grapes as a garnish.
- ilili ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.