French Cheese Gift Basket
Travel to France with this cheese basket—all hand-picked from the experts at Ideal Cheese Shop.
For over 60 years, this has been the go-to spot for gourmet cheese in New York City. From rich, buttery Vacherin Swiss cheese to an amazing truffle Brie filled with mascarpone and summer truffles, Ideal Cheese stocks over 250 cheeses from 17 different countries. To this day, they’ve kept their small, mom and pop image—everything is done old-school, orders written by hand, totaled on a calculator and rung up on an old-fashioned register.
This package includes:
- 5 Cheeses from France (each 3/4 lb.)
- 1 box of Crackers
- 1 jar of French Jam
Cheese Selection Includes
- St. Andre – This triple-crème cheese has a velvety-smooth texture and is delicately rich and buttery in flavor. An extraordinary dessert cheese
- Bucheron – Soft, but semi-firm in texture. This cheese when young provides a mild flavor that becomes sharper as it matures. It is a good cheese for salads or for snacking
- Istara – A sheeps milk cheese from the French Pyrenees has a smooth, slightly oily texture and a wonderfully sweet flavor with hints of olive, hazelnut and fig. Aged for 90 days, a real crowd pleaser. This cheese was formally known as Prince de Claverolle Cheese
- Fourm d’Ambert – This is one of France’s oldest blue cheeses. The maturing process takes place in humid cellars. It has a creamy texture with a lasting taste of wine
- Comte – The taste of this cheese is variable depending on the age and the season of the milk. It is typically described as salty, mild, and fruity with subtle hints of nutmeg. From Fromageries Marcel Petite
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ideal Cheese Shop ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.