Travel around the world with cheeses from 5 different countries—all hand-picked from the experts at Ideal Cheese Shop.
For over 60 years, this has been the go-to spot for gourmet cheese in New York City. From rich, buttery Vacherin Swiss cheese to an amazing truffle Brie filled with mascarpone and summer truffles, Ideal Cheese stocks over 250 cheeses from 17 different countries. To this day, they’ve kept their small, mom and pop image—everything is done old-school, orders written by hand, totaled on a calculator and rung up on an old-fashioned register.
This package includes:
- 5 Cheeses from 5 different countries (each 3/4 lb.)
- 1 box of Crackers
- 1 jar of Jam
Cheese Selection Includes
- Manchego – Fresh and subtle in flavor this is a young Manchego which is most commonly used as a snack cheese along with a fruity white wine and walnuts
- Comte – The taste of this cheese is variable depending on the age and the season of the milk. It is typically described as salty, mild, and fruity with subtle hints of nutmeg. From Fromageries Marcel Petite
- Parmigiano Reggiano – Made in the Emilia, Romagna region of Italy this partially skimmed cow’s milk, unpasteurized, hard; pressed, cooked curd; brushed, oiled rind cheese is aged from 30-36 months. The fat content is approximately 30%, the flavor is enormous, with a slightly salty finish. A true classic!
- Jersey Girl – From Cooperstown Cheese Company is a raw cow’s milk Colby made with milk from Autumn Valley Farm in Worcester, NY is mild and creamy. Autumn Valley Farm is entirely grass fed so the earthiness of the cow’s milk is reflected in the deep yellow hue and rich hearty flavor of the cheese. Since the flavor of the cheese is so dependent on the availability of grass in the fields, the cheese is made in the spring and summer months so it is not always available all year long
- Prima Dona – Made in the style of a gouda, but with a lower fat content – this cheese is made with part skimmed milk with a fat content of 45%. This cheese is perfect for cooking, grating, melting, slicing, it can be eaten with fruit with crackers or bread
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ideal Cheese Shop ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.