Albacore Ahi referred to as Tombo in Hawaii. It has the mildest flavor of all Hawaii’s tunas but can be prepared a multitude of ways! Albacore Ahi has a high oil content with a creamy, milky taste and texture.
Every day before sunrise, Honolulu Fish Company founder Wayne Samiere and his team head to the docks to personally inspect and hand select fresh seafood. Deeply committed to protecting Pacific ecosystems and promoting sustainability in their fishing practices, Honolulu Fish Company provides fresh seafood that only Hawaiian locals had access to before. Using his background as a marine biologist, Samiere has been distributing eco-friendly, wild caught Hawaiian fish to the nation’s best mainland restaurants since 1995, serving top chefs like Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Michael Symon, and Tom Colicchio.
Sashimi cut fish is skinned and pin-boned, check for minor bones upon arrival
Fish is caught daily for quality, fish subject to availability
This package includes 1 Sashimi Cut Hawaiian Albacore Ahi Tuna Ultra Fillet
- Skin Off, Bone Out, Bloodline Out
- Each Fillet weighs approximately 3 lbs.
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships vacuum-sealed fresh and pre-washed with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place in refrigerator for up to 3 days or airtight in a freezer for up to 1 year
- For best results: Unwrap the fish upon arrival and place on dry paper towels to remove moisture. Wrap loosely and place in the coldest part of your refrigerator.
- Note: If you choose to freeze your fish, the color, taste and texture may change.
- Honolulu Fish Company ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.