Brisket is the main event in Central Texas barbecue and what Hill Country is most famous for. Tender, moist and flavorful, we dry rub our high-quality beef with an authentic homestyle mixture of salt, pepper and cayenne then smoke it low and slow in our custom-built pits over imported Post Oak from Texas to achieve savory flavor with the perfect texture and mouthfeel.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes a Smoked Whole BBQ Brisket (5-7 lbs.)
- Arrives unsliced
Brisket, Salt, pepper, Cayene
Instructions / Storage
- BBQ ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place in the fridge or freezer
- May be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 1 month.
- Pre-heat oven to 250°F
- We have placed the brisket in the pan with the fat and jus to allow it to keep the flavor and moisture during its travel. You can use the same pan with the aluminum lid that the brisket was sent in and place on the center rack of your oven. Place enough beef stock or water to fill the service of the bottom of the pan.
- Place brisket on a sheet pan (fat side up) and place on the center rack of your oven
- Crack a beer; let brisket sit in the oven for about 45 minutes or ’till the internal temp reaches 150°F.
- To check on its readiness, poke a skewer in the middle of the brisket and then pull it back out.
- Touch the skewer to your finger tip and if it’s warm then the brisket has heated fully through and you can remove from the oven.
- It will have a soft spongy texture versus hard and rubbery
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Hill Country Barbecue Market ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.