Walk into any NYC grocer, from Russ & Daughters to Whole Foods, and you’ll find legit NY babka from none other than Green’s Bakery. For decades, they’ve hand-braided swirls of chocolate or cinnamon perfection into their iconic sweet bread to supply essentially all five boroughs. And to bake your day, for today only, you get 4 babkas for the price of 2 (2 chocolate, 2 cinnamon). We’re here to supply your personal babka cravings!
The history of Green’s goes back to a remote hamlet of Hungary, where Mrs. Chana Green was known for her singular pastries. Immigrating to the States in the 1930s, the Green children opened a kosher Brooklyn bakery in her honor. This family bakery has handcrafted rugelach, hamentashen and more Eastern European goodies since 1980, but it’s their knockout babka that has been named the best traditional babkas in NYC. If you want to set out a whole cake for your guests that not only looks good enough to eat but actually gets eaten down to the last crumb, this babka is the perfect choice.
- Each package includes 4 babkas of your choice.
- Each Babka serves up to 12 people.
- Each babka is approximately 7 1/2″ × 4 3/8″ × 4 1/4"
- Each round babka is 8" diameter and 3 1/8"
- Chocolate Babka
- Cinnamon Babka
- Round Chocolate Babka
- Round Cinnamon Babka
Cinnamon Babka: Flour, Sugar, Palm, Water, Whole Eggs, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Yeast & Salt
Chocolate Babka: Flour, Sugar, Palm, Water, Whole Eggs, Cocoa, Vanilla, Yeast & Salt
babkas are made fresh with all-natural, nut-free ingredient and certified kosher pareve
Instructions / Storage
Each babka is baked fresh and can last 6-8 weeks in a sealed bagDownload Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Green’s Babka ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.