Gourmet Butcher Block ships its legendary Turducken nationwide on Goldbelly! Get the Turducken made famous by John Madden: a turkey stuffed with a duck then stuffed with a chicken. This official food of the 1997 “All Madden Team” is layered with two layers of sausage stuffing and one layer of cornbread dressing. Weighing in at 17 pounds, this New Orleans classic is seasoned and ready for you to bake.
Louisiana natives have long known about the culinary wonder that is the Turducken, the triple-meat masterpiece, but most Americans discovered turducken when they heard NFL legend John Madden on television pouring out his love for Gourmet Butcher Block’s turducken. Since 1994, Gourmet Butcher Block has been making turduckens: a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey. Started by Leah Hebert Mistich and Glenn Mistich, the Cajun specialty meat market in Gretna, Louisiana, also prepares exceptional Cajun specialties like gumbo, shrimp stuffed chicken, and bread pudding.
FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING TO:
AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, NC, OH, OK, SC, TN, TX, and WI
This package serves 20-25 people and includes a Madden Turducken
- Each Madden Turducken is approx. 16-18 lbs.
Turkey, Duck, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Yellow Corn Meal, Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Eggs, Evaporated Milk, Kitchen Bouquet, Sodium Benzoate, Corn Starch, Onion, Bell Pepper, Celery Salt, Red Pepper, Paprika, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Tops
Instructions / Storage
Note – Turduckens take a minimum of 18 HOURS to defrost at room temperature, and up to 4-5 days to defrost in the refrigerator. Please plan accordingly.
- Uncooked Turducken can be refrigerated for 4-5 days before baking.
- Once cooked, Turducken can be refrigerated for 3-4 days whole or carved.
- Turduckens can be frozen for up to 1 year
- To thaw, take Turducken out of box and leave in bag. Keep refrigerated for 4-5 days before baking.
- To quick thaw, leave out on countertop for 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake at 375 F with thread facing up for 4 hours covered.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered until brown.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Add a ½ quart of water.
- Bake for 11½ hours covered.
- Bake for a ½ hour uncovered until brown.
- Let Turducken cool for 20 minutes then unthread.
- Push a fork into the end of each leg, twist slightly and remove tendons.
- At each leg joint, remove any excess tendons.
- Cut body of Turducken in half lengthwise and carve to reveal all “3” meats and stuffing.
- The Gourmet Butcher Block ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.