Goode Co. crowns this King of Texas Barbecue with their hand-blended signature rub. Using only the choicest cuts of beef, they send each mesquite-smoked brisket straight from their pits to your door, ready to heat, slice, and serve. Also included are a loaf of jalapeño cheese bread and a trifecta of sauces!
Jim Goode first opened the doors to Goode Co. Barbeque in Houston back in 1977, on a mission to share and preserve the rich cooking traditions of Texas. Every night, Jim and his Uncle Joe would sleep in the restaurant, waking up every hour to check on the brisket. Today, Jim’s vision is proudly carried forth by his son, Levi, who’s picked up a few James Beard Award nominations for his efforts. Goode Co. has become a Houston restaurant empire, spawning a seafood restaurant, taqueria, fried chicken joint, and more, and their homemade Brazos Bottom Pecan Pie is legendary.
This package serves 10-12 people and includes
- 1 Whole Brisket (approx 8-10 lbs.)
- 1 loaf Jalapeño Cheese Bread (0.5 lbs.)
- Goode’s Three-Sauce Gift Set
- 1 bottle Goode’s Original Sauce (13.25 oz.)
- 1 bottle Goode’s Jalapeno Garlic Sauce (13.25 oz.)
- 1 bottle Goode’s Heavy Garlic Sauce (13.25 oz.)
Brisket – Beef, Brisket Rub (Brown Sugar, Mesquite Shake [salt, Spices, Maltodextrin,
Lemon Peel, Garlic, Citric Acid, Com Starch, Sugar, Onion, Natural Flavor (With Bha Propyl
Gallate And Citric Acid), Natural Mesquite Smoke Flavor, Dehydrated Lemon Oil], Spices
Including Paprika, Natural Flavoring, Salt, Chile Pasilla, Chile Guajillo, Lemon-lime Flavoring
Jalapeno Cheese Bread – Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Potassium Bromate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Eggs, Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt), Jalapeños, Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil With Mono And Diglycerides Added), Sugar, Salt, Yeast (Yeast, Sorbitan Monostearate, Ascorbic
BBQ Sauce – Tomato Sauce (Fresh Tomatoes, Salt, Spices, Dehydrated Bell Peppers, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavoring), Water, Karo Light Corn Syrup (Corn Syrup, Salt, Vanilla), Honey, Vinegar (100 Grain Pure White), Bacon (Pork Cured With Pater, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate), Onions, Beef Fat, Brown Sugar, Salt, Black Pepper, Powdered Worcestershire (Dextrose, Caramel Color, Garlic [dehydrated], Salt, Carboxymethyl, Cellulose Gum, Chili Pepper, Spices, Mustard, Malic Acid, Natural Flavoring, Onion [dehydrated], Silicon Dioxide [anti-caking Aid], Contains Sulfites.). Manufactured On Shared Equipment With Milk, Egg, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Peanuts, And Soybeans
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Refrigerate all meats immediately for up to 7 days, or freeze for up to one year.
- BBQ Sauce can be stored at room temperature for up to a year if unopened. Once opened, refrigerate and use within a week.
- Bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What You’ll Need
- Large meat fork
- Sharp knife
- Large pan
- Heavy-duty foil
- Large cutting board or surface
- Extra bowl to collect trimmings
To Reheat Brisket
- Thaw completely in refrigerator for 48 hours before heating.
- Preheat oven to 275°F (250°F for convection oven).
- Use two pieces of foil, each about 36" in. length & place in pan forming an “X”.
- Remove brisket from package and place in center of the foil. Fold up sides of foil and pour 1/2 cup of water on top of brisket.
- Seal foil in a "tent-like’ fashion, leaving room between meat and foil.
- Cook for 2 hrs, 45 minutes (Do not overheat – brisket is already cooked. Internal temperature should be 140°F (in thickest area).
- Remove from heat and keep wrapped in foil for 15 minutes. Due to variations in ovens, smokers and grills, warming time and/or temperature may vary. The resting time is very important to complete the heating process and will make your brisket easier to trim and slice.
To Trim Brisket
- Using your meat form, place brisket flat side down on large cutting surface.
- Gently trim the fat off starting at the highest point with the knife facing away from you.
- Find the fat line that separates the more marbles side (top) and lean side (bottom).
- Insert a sharp knife into the fat line; lift up the top with your meat form so you can see what you’re cutting. Follow the fat line with your knife until the brisket is separated.
- Trim the fat from the lean portion of the meat. If your trimmings have too much meat attached, then your knife may be angled too much. Keep it flat and continue shaving fat off until the brisket is trimmed to your liking.
To Slice Brisket
- Find the grain of the meat on both pieces.
- Place the trimmed marbled side on top of the lean side, about ¼ of a turn to match the grain, and then slice them both against the grain.
- Continue to slice against the grain until complete.
- Goode Co. Barbeque ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.