Organic Sweet Potato Pound Cake
This sweet potato pound cake tastes like a warm spice cake with sweet potatoes in it. It has this sweet ribbon of brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and toasted pecans that swirls through the middle of the cake. This cake is topped with our delicious cream cheese glaze. Each bite is Thanksgiving in your mouth.
Detroit native April Anderson knew that she wanted to be a baker by the age of 9, and in 2013 she teamed up with her wife Michelle and opened Good Cakes & Bakes on Detroit’s Avenue of Fashion. Good Cakes & Bakes’ mission is to use only the freshest and most natural ingredients, including locally-grown produce, in their wholesome, organic Southern-inspired baked goods.
This cake is seasonal and ships from October through March.
This package serves 12 people and includes a Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- Each cake is a 9" bundt
- Arrives in a pretty pink box perfect for a gift!
Unbleached Organic Flour, Granulated Sugar, Eggs, Sweet Potatoes, Organic Unsalted Butter, Organic Sour Cream, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Kosher Salt, And Baking Soda (Filling: Brown Sugar, Pecans, Cinnamon, And Nutmeg), Icing: Organic Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, Butter, And Vanilla Extract.
Instructions / Storage
- Cake ships frozen with ice packs in the summer, and ship ready to enjoy in the winter
- Upon arrival, place cake in the freezer or remove from packaging and allow to thaw in the refrigerator or counter
- Cake may be kept frozen for up to 3 months, for 3-4 days on the countertop, or up to 1 week in the refrigerator
- To serve from frozen, allow cake to sit on the countertop for up to 1 hour to defrost or overnight in the refrigerator
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Good Cakes & Bakes ships Wednesday & Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.