Organic Southern Caramel Cake
This cake starts with two layers of ultra-moist yellow vanilla cake. This gets topped with Southern caramel that’s been cooked for four hours for the perfect taste and texture, made according to a recipe that’s been in the Anderson family for over 65 years!
Detroit native April Anderson knew that she wanted to be a baker by the age of 9, and in 2013 she teamed up with her wife Michelle and opened Good Cakes & Bakes on Detroit’s Avenue of Fashion. Good Cakes & Bakes’ mission is to use only the freshest and most natural ingredients, including locally-grown produce, in their wholesome, organic Southern-inspired baked goods.
This package serves 10 people and includes a Southern Caramel Cake
- Each cake is 2 layers and measures 8"
- Arrives in a pretty pink box perfect for a gift!
Organic Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Unsalted Butter, Buttermilk (Milk, Nonfat Milk Powder, And Active Culture), Organic Eggs, Canola Oil, Baking Soda, Organic Vanilla Extract, Kosher Salt. Icing: Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Unsalted Butter (Milk), Evaporated Milk (Milk, Dipotassium Phosphate, And Vitamin D3)
Instructions / Storage
- Cake ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, place cake in the freezer or remove from packaging and allow to thaw in the refrigerator or counter
- Cake may be kept frozen for up to 3 months, for 3-4 days on the countertop, or up to 1 week in the refrigerator
- To serve from frozen, allow cake to sit on the countertop for up to 1 hour to defrost or overnight in the refrigerator
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Good Cakes & Bakes ships Wednesday & Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.