Angel Food Cakes are as Southern as you can get. The first appearance of the cake was in the cookbook “The Kentucky Housewife” written by Lattice Bryan in 1839. Now, nearly two centuries later, these cakes are still a Southern Classic, and Gladys’ Bakery makes some of the best.
This Strawberry Angel Food Cake is light, airy, and with a delicate strawberry flavor and a glorious pink color.
Gladys says “…be aware that one slice will lead to another and another and another”…
Gladys’ Bakery opened in 1972 in a rural Texas hamlet 100 miles from both San Antonio and Houston. Founder Gladys Farek, a mother of 6 girls, was looking for a creative outlet and began baking bread, cookies, and pies; however, it was when she made her first fruitcake (and later, a world record-sized, Texas-shaped fruitcake) that a legend was born. Decades later, Gladys’ Weimar, Texas, bakery is Texas proud, loading its Czech-style fruitcakes with fresh Texas pecans and none of the usual raisins, dates, or spices.
This package includes a Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- Each cake measures 8.5″ × 5″
Made in a facility that processes nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Strawberry Angel Food Cakes arrive ready to enjoy
- Gladys’ Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska will incur an additional $20 charge for 2-day shipping or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.