Famous Hot Salami Sandwich - 4 Pack
The legend! The icon! This is Gioia’s renowned Hot Salami Sandwich, made with Gioia’s famous Hot Salami, a fresh sausage that’s sliced to order and stacked on to garlic cheese bread.
Head to St. Louis and ask anyone where to grab lunch on “The Hill,” the city’s famous Little Italy, and you’ll most likely be pointed toward Gioia’s Deli. Opened in 1918 by Charlie Gioia, Gioia’s has stood the test of time thanks to its craveworthy sandwiches, thin-crust St. Louis-style pizzas, and, most famously, their iconic homemade sausage known as Hot Salami, or Salam di Testa. When piled onto cheesy garlic bread there’s absolutely nothing else like it, and it’s a true St. Louis icon, named the state’s best sandwich by Food & Wine and part of the reason why Gioia’s was named a James Beard American Classic in 2017.
Lettuce, Tomato, Olives, & Pickles are NOT included
This package serves 8 people and includes 4 Hot Salami Sandwiches on Garlic Cheese Bread
- Each sandwich measures 9"x 2" and weighs 1 lb.
- Lettuce, Tomato, Olives, & Pickles are NOT included
Allergens: Dairy, Gluten, Garlic, Pork, Onions, Beef, Egg, Soy. Made in a Facility that Processes Nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Sandwiches ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, either put sandwich in freezer or defrost in refrigerator overnight and reheat when ready to enjoy.
- Sandwiches will last 3 months in the freezer or up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
- We recommend keeping all products frozen until ready to bake.
Note: Some salamis may be coated in a thin layer of white mold. This is a good thing! It’s added during the curing process to protect the salami from unsafe mold growth, to keep the salami from drying out, and to help mellow out the salami’s flavor. You’re welcome to remove the casing, but it’s completely safe to eat.
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Unwrap sandwich and place open face with the meat evenly distributed on both sides of the bread on a baking sheet in an oven.
- Simply heat the sandwiches until meat is hot, bread is crispy and cheese is melty.
- Gioia’s Deli ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.