This kit includes pasture-raised pork carnitas, black beans, guacamole, classic salsa verde, and fresh limes to squeeze over the top! It’s served with handmade tortillas made with organic heirloom corn from Oaxaca, Mexico.
Back in 1987, Chef Rick Bayless and his wife, Deann Groen Bayless, had just returned to Chicago from an extended stay in Mexico, where they had been researching their first book. They decided to open a restaurant that tasted and felt like their travels, so they hung colorful Mexican folk art on the walls, turned up the Mariachi music, and packed the menu with the foods that reminded them of their travels through Mexico. Frontera Grill was born, and it was an immediate sensation. Since then, Bayless has been nominated for a whopping 16 James Beard Awards and won seven, and Frontera Grill took the top prize, Outstanding Restaurant, in 2007. Frontera Grill remains one of the best and most legendary and influential Mexican restaurants in the country.
This package serves 2-3 people and includes:
- Pork Carnitas (12 oz.)
- 8 Homemade Tortillas
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Packet Guacamole Seasoning (4.5 oz)
- Salsa Verde (6 oz.)
- Black Beans (12 oz.)
- 1 Lime
- Cilantro (0.5 oz.)
- Choose to add a Mole Sampler!
- Green Pumpkin Seed Mole (12 oz.)
- Oaxacan Black Mole (12 oz.)
- Pueblan Red Mole (12 oz.)
- Carnitas – Garlic, Lime, Herbs
- Tortillas – Corn, Water, White Lime
- Black Beans – Pork Lard, Onions
- Salsa Verde – Tomatillos, Cilantro, Serrano Chile
- Oaxacan Black Mole – Chiles, Peanuts, Almonds, Sesame Seeds, Bread, Spices And Herbs, Chocolate, Garlic, Onions, Tomato, Tortillas, Tomatillo, Raisin, Apricot, Plantain
- Pueblan Red Mole – Chiles, Peanuts, Almonds, Sesame Seeds, Bread, Spices And Herbs, Chocolate, Garlic, Onions, Tomato, Tomatillo, Raisin, Tortillas, Apricot, Plantain
- Green Pumpkin Seed Mole – Tomatillo, Herbs, Pumpkin Seeds, Garlic, Onions
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships with ice packs, may thaw during transit
- Upon arrival, immediately refrigerate contents
- Do not freeze
- Consume within 3 days of receiving package
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove Pork Carnitas from package and spread them into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until they are browned, crispy, and hot through—12 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Coarsely mash 2 avocados in a bowl
- Add Frontera Guacamole Mix
- Stir and add salt to taste
- Chop the cilantro and stir about HALF into the guacamole (save the rest for making tacos)
- Open the package and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap (poke a few holes) or a microwave cover and heat in the microwave at 100% power until piping hot—1 to 1 ½ minutes on most microwaves (best to stir beans halfway through heating).
- If beans are thicker than you like, stir in a little water
- Remove from package.
- Wet a paper towel and ring it out.
- Wrap paper towel around tortillas and slide into a plastic bag (don’t seal).
- Heat in microwave at 100% power for 30 seconds or until steamy-hot.
- Cut wedges for each guest to squeeze onto the carnitas
- Spread guacamole onto a hot tortilla, top with the carnitas, spoon on a little salsa verde, sprinkle with cilantro and squeeze on some lime. Serve beans on the side or in the taco.
- Frontera Grill ships Wednesday and Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.