ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH AUGUST 19!
Frog Hollow’s Battle of the Peaches is back! Now picking are the classic O’Henry peaches, the underdog in this fight, and the Cal Red, the fan-favorite heavyweight. Order this 5 lb Pack duel box and sample both contenders in one shipment.
The beloved Cal Red Peach is in a class by itself and is the “Oh my God” peach! A relatively new variety and a California native, the Cal Red was bred by University of California botanist Claron O. Hesse in the mid-1960s. Aptly named for the Golden State, the Cal Red is a beautiful golden peach marked with a gentle, sun-kissed blush. This is Frog Hollow Farm’s best-selling variety. Some years the Cal Red has a harvest window as brief as two weeks, leaving a huge impression for a peach with such fleeting availability.
Farmer Al’s favorite peach to grill, the O’Henry Peach has the flavor, size, and crimson blush that makes for a truly memorable peach. Its elegantly pointed shape slices to an attractive heart shape for a striking presentation. Their O’Henry harvest overlaps briefly—a few days to a week—with their harvest of the Cal Red leading to a matchup of two of their biggest varieties. At participating farmers markets, their battle of the Peaches taste-offs between these two varieties grows more and more popular each year.
See note below regarding fulfillment
The package includes 5 lbs of peaches (approximately 9-12 peaches per box).
- O’Henry Peaches
- Cal Red Peaches
- Available for a Limited Time Only!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Frog Hollow Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.