This special custom burger blend is ground fresh to order the day it ships. It’s a uniquely juicy, beefy blend made up of the following 4 delectable cuts of beef:
25% Wagyu Chuck:
Also known as “American Kobe”, this is an especially rich cut that is virtually impossible to find outside of fine restaurants. Flannery’s butcher is comfortable with a higher fat content when using the Wagyu Chuck as a basis, because of the Omega oils present in the fat of Wagyu.
25% Prime Shortribs:
With these beauties, the fat content will be in the 20% range with the flavor approximating that of the prime ribeye steak. The amount of age on these is minimal, perhaps in the 10 to 14-day range, so moisture is moderate.
25% Choice Filet Tails:
This cut flies in the face of all conventional wisdom. Normally the filet is one of the least flavorful cuts of beef (even though it’s the most tender steak of all). This particular cut is produced from the narrow end of the filet when it has tapered to the point when it’s not large enough to cut into steaks.
25% Dry-Aged Steak Ends:
When Flannery dry ages its Ribeyes and NY steaks, the exterior edges are exposed to the air for a full 30+ days. During this time the moisture evaporation from these edges is far more accelerated than the whole piece that they’re part of, resulting in much lower moisture content and very high intensity of flavor. The edges are cut to the thickness of about a half an inch, which removes all trace of darkness from the underlying meat. The resulting “steak ends” have the flavor equivalent of Flannery’s top-of-the-line Private Reserve steaks.
For the Flannerys, butchering is a family affair. Bryan Jr. and his daughter, Katie, are the proud team behind Flannery Beef specializing in high quality, USDA Prime Holstein Beef. The duo has worked tirelessly to source, cut, and dry age the finest quality beef products available anywhere – and the effort has paid off. Flannery Beef is renowned among the culinary elite as who you turn to for the ultimate, perfectly marbled steak. Flannery Beef has been featured in Food & Wine, the LA Times, and the SF Chronical. They supply Michelin star restaurants such as Manresa, Rustic Canyon, and Angler.
This package includes 4 lbs. of Goldbelly Burger Blend
- Ships in 4 × 1 lb. packages
- Each lb. makes 2 to 4 burgers
California Reserve Beef
Instructions / Storage
- Burger blends ship frozen, however may arrive partially or fully thawed
- Upon arrival place blend in the refrigerator
- Blend may be kept refrigerated in its sealed packaging for 3 to 4 days after arrival
- Freezing is not recommended
- Remove your blend from the refrigerator about an hour before cooking
- Just before cooking, season your steaks liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- For juicy burgers, always let your burgers “rest” for 5 to 7 minutes after cooking (before slicing/serving)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Flannery Beef ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.